MSI GS70 Stealth Gaming Notebook Review

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mchinsky

Aug 19, 2013
I'm testing now by playing HD movie, from a source on my lan via ethernet.

Looks to be about 2hrs 45mins on 'high performance' windows power plan. I'll try again with 'balanced' next

mchinsky

Aug 19, 2013
Got almost same battery life playing a movie back on 'balanced'. I wouldn't figure much more than 2.5 hours of battery life. Maybe more if you are just word processing on eco mode

wheavy

Aug 20, 2013
Well dang, 2.5 isn't bad. I don't know if the blade pro does more, but that is my main concern at this point. It's between those two. Well thanks for all of the help!

jimmy2027

Aug 21, 2013
Well dang, 2.5 isn't bad. I don't know if the blade pro does more, but that is my main concern at this point. It's between those two. Well thanks for all of the help!

Isn't the razer has rumored 1 1/2 more battery life?

I'll do what I can, but I'm fragging right now. :D

For some reason, the term fragging didn't register when I first read it, but "flappin" "fappin" was what came up. So I thought you were #$×! $&' at the moment. LOL.

Last edited:

mchinsky

Aug 19, 2013
Got almost same battery life playing a movie back on 'balanced'. I wouldn't figure much more than 2.5 hours of battery life. Maybe more if you are just word processing on eco mode

Ok, my bad. I had my unit set to full time Nvidia video from some prior testing. I set it back to auto so that Nvidia would only be used where it offers an improvement. Reran my movie playback test and batter went from 2.5 hours to 4.5 hours of HD video playback before it shut itself down at about 6%

dcl1984

Aug 22, 2013
I have a question. I bought this laptop the day after it was announced because newegg was giving away a free ips monitor. All my packaging looks just like yours but i did not receive a mouse. So i havent really used it much because ive been waiting for amazon to ship me a kone xtd. Does this laptop really come with a msi mouse?

mchinsky

Aug 19, 2013
I have a question. I bought this laptop the day after it was announced because newegg was giving away a free ips monitor. All my packaging looks just like yours but i did not receive a mouse. So i havent really used it much because ive been waiting for amazon to ship me a kone xtd. Does this laptop really come with a msi mouse?

Mine didn't come with any mouse. I got it at NewEgg

tn96969966

Aug 24, 2013
I also owned gs70, it came with msi gaming mouse and sleeve inside a backback. Besides, just curious about the cpu temp. After 5 minutes of prime95 testing, my cpu temp will raise around 93-95C, is that alright? I thought laptop will restart when cpu temp reach 100C to avoid critical damage?

scheps

Aug 7, 2013
which store did you buy yours from to get the backpack and mouse? and is yours the super raid model?

The temps will keep at that by throttling down rather than shutdown but if you undervolt just slightly, it will help with the right balance. Haven't done it myself, just want i have read.

tn96969966

Aug 24, 2013
I bought from MSI official office. It come with a msi gaming mice with breathing red light inside the laptop box. And sleeve inside backpack and laptop box inside a MSI box. My model is without the super raid msata but i install a 120gb inside it.

Besides, so the temp around 93-95C is alright?

dcl1984

Aug 22, 2013
I bought from MSI official office. It come with a msi gaming mice with breathing red light inside the laptop box. And sleeve inside backpack and laptop box inside a MSI box. My model is without the super raid msata but i install a 120gb inside it.

Besides, so the temp around 93-95C is alright?

That makes sense. From the US i dont think i was able to buy directly from MSI. it kept sending me to resellers like newegg.

scheps

Aug 7, 2013
what i meant was when you get 96 on CPU, whats your GPU doing? 100% stress or idling?

Because I believe they share heat pipe.