MSI Dual core center... anyone?

Discussion in 'CPUs and Overclocking' started by cyphilis, May 18, 2008.

1. cyphilis

cyphilis Senior member

Ive got a MSI P6n SLi MB with the Dual core center controller. When I try to use the D.O.T. overclocking thing, my comp locks up and I have to shut it down. Has anyone with this thing gotten it to work, and if so do you have to change any settings in the Bios?

2. myocardia

myocardia Diamond Member

Overclocking should be done through your BIOS, with software only used to lower your overclock before rebooting, should your BIOS settings be determined to be too high/unstable.

3. cubeless

cubeless Diamond Member

tried the latest version on the website?

i haven't used it for mobo, but it's pretty cool for he sli vid cards... it let's u up the voltage on the mem ans the gpu... but i had to use the older version on the cd, not the latest version on the web... and u have to use msi vid driver, can't use latest from nvidia...

maybe that's the rub? need to use msi'd drivers off the cd that came with the board or from msi's site???

4. ramstein

ramstein Junior Member

old post,, and I am reviving it,, sorry for those that hate that..

I am now trying msi dual core centerwith a new MSI PN7 motherboard.

Whne I try to make any changes with the utility, it crashes my computer. I have been searching the Internet, and there is not much that can be found for this utility. Myabe it just is not popular, or people just go directly into their bios.

Oh well..

5. Lorne

Lorne Senior member

Ive only used it on there AMD CPU motherboards and works fine while watching closely at what all it changes.
    Have to watchout because it changes the FSB and that would change CPU, Memory and HT speed on some setups.
    Im not sure how most 775 socket MB work but Im sure there might be a simular problem.
    I have had a set of DDR2-800 memory that didnt like OC at all and would crash right away making changes to DCC.

Use CPUz and watch what changes, Also how big a leap of a pct you making?