MSI BX Master problems...

LYHTSPD

Oct 12, 1999
i posted this in motherboards, but i am not getting any responses... can anyone help?

ok. just got a new bx master today. threw the board in my existing system. i have 2 ata66 drive on ata66 channel 1, and a ide cd-rom and burner both on ide channel 2. everytime i boot into the os, i get a message saying that there has been some systems changes and i need to reboot. if i reboot, everything the os starts, i get the same message. when i hit no for the restart and go into my device manager, both my cd roms have an "X" on them and the secondary and primary controller have a "!" by them. i look at the properties for the ide controllers and it says i need to restart (even has a nice little button there for it ). when i restart the os from there, it works fine. but when i power cycle, it goes back to saying that there has been a systems settings change... any help?

oh yeah, and i ALWAYS get the "PCI mass storage controller" with a "!" by it... ???

thanks!

mastertech01

Moderator Emeritus Elite Member
Nov 13, 1999
If you havent installed the Promise controller drivers yet, you need to do that or you will be running in compatibility mode. Also in Bios make sure you have your PCI IDE Primary and Secondary set to auto, and in standard CMOS setup have your settings to none for the primary and secondary channels, in Bios features setup boot to SCSI and ATA. There is also a new Bios flash availiable that takes care of some issues.. revision 5.4

mastertech01

Moderator Emeritus Elite Member
Nov 13, 1999
Im using the Master so if you continue having problems feel free to email me and we can compare notes.. :)

ASK THE COMMUNITY