Question MSI Afterburner not displaying Stats in App or Allowing Adjustments...

JWMiddleton

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2000
As you can see from the attached screen print, MSI Afterburner will not allow me to adjust my new RX 6750 XT, nor will it display any stats. BUT, I can add stats to the benchmark I'm running.

Any ideas what is up. Oh, I did tell it in allow Hardware Control and Monitoring in setup.

UPDATE: I stopped AMD Adrenalin software from loading at startup in case it was conflicting.

John

MSI Not Displaying.png

Last edited:

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
What model of 6750XT is it? There is a possibility some may not be fully compatible with afterburner. Also, you could try running DDU and reinstalling Radeon drivers, or maybe trying an updated version of afterburner, if available.

EDIT: I see that I can expand your signature to see your second rig lol. I assume you are referring to the MSI Mech model in your budget box? I wonder if it is a driver/software issue with Windows 11. What Radeon driver(s) have you tried this with?

JWMiddleton

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2000
Hi @Shmee , Since I didn't get a response as quickly as I was hoping, I reposted this question on LTTF. Someone there said that AMD cards were not supported. OH! Never thought of that as a possibility. So, I Googled to see what I could find and sure enough I learned that it was developed for Nvidia cards, but might work on an AMD card. So, I tried it on my main rig and it does not work on XFX 6900 XT either. Both are using the latest Afterburner version and AMD drivers.

John

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
That's nonsense that they told you John. I have yet to have a modern AMD GPU Afterburner does not work with.

Powercolor Fighter 6600XT
XFX 6800
XFX 6400
Sapphire Pulse 6600
5700G Vega 8
5600G Vega 7
2400G Vega 11
Athlon 3000G Vega 3
Powercolor Red Devil Vega 56

All work with default AB config. You will see there are AMD specific features under settings in AB too. I would make certain first, that riva tuner is configured correctly. Then you can check the settings in AB and checkbox the AMD and hardware features to experiment. There is a hardware fan control tab as well.

And this is the official AB from MSI, not downloaded from a 3rd party correct?

Some card's firmware do not allow any override of limits but complete lockout is unusual. Something is nerfed, it has nothing to do with lack of support.

JWMiddleton

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2000
@DAPUNISHER , Yep, it is the latest version, 4.6.5, that was downloaded from msi.com.

I wasn't loading AB to change any settings, I simply wanted to check stats in some games and that function works. I was just surprised that no info was displayed in the app, as you can see in the screen shot at the top of this thread. The only setting that works is to synchronize fans, everything else is greyed out.

In the change log for version 4.6.5, it mentions support for AMD cards to include the new addition of the RX 7900 series. So, the other info I got wasn't correct.

John

Reactions: DAPUNISHER

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Try doing a reinstall of the latest Radeon drivers, and see if that helps. Might even to the factory reset/cleanup option.