MS Outlook.com Emails Not Showing

ronbo613

Golden Member
Jan 9, 2010
It's been intermittent for a while, but now, email messages are not showing in any internet browser on my Microsoft Outlook email accounts. The messages are there because they appear on my Android phone. I don't know what's going on here, maybe another gun to the head method of forcing change to Edge and WinX.

I've been dumping MS email accounts but still have some old Hotmail boxes that are still used and need to keep up with.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Is your browser set to update the page on each visit? I'd flush the cookies and temp files and try it again.

ronbo613

Golden Member
Jan 9, 2010
I only get a few emails per day, usually without attachments.

Microsoft email seems to have gotten worse over time. I have an offer for "ad free email" that shows up because Adblock is blocking the MS advertising, I wonder if that is connected to the poor service. Although with Microsoft, you could pay for email and still have crap service.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
I don't have any issues with accessing outlook via a browser or through outlook 2010.

ronbo613

Golden Member
Jan 9, 2010
I've been keeping an eye on it and it looks like the problem is with Firefox. Every update seems to make it run worse.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
FF works just fine for me when accessing outlook.com. Do you have your browsers set to refresh themselves each time you visit a page?

ronbo613

Golden Member
Jan 9, 2010
FF works just fine for me when accessing outlook.com. Do you have your browsers set to refresh themselves each time you visit a page?

Yes. Even if I refresh the page "manually", it freezes for some indeterminate amount of time. It only does it with Firefox, I don't know what the deal is. Maybe the old Hotmail servers aren't what they used to be.

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
If it's working fine with your phone, or another email client (those are all I use 99.9% of the time), then it is probably something with the browser. Since no one else posting is reporting a problem with it, I wouldn't be surprised if it's an add-on. Run FF with add-ons disabled (Shift and click) and see if it comes up that way.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
I'm currently using FF 48.0.2 but no version of it has malfunctioned at outlook.com. I would try clearing out cookies and the cashe then revisit the site and see if things improve.

Dahak

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2000
I just read the last few posts, but I did have an issue with Outlook.com one in a while and essentially what I did to fix it was clear out all the MS cookies from firefox and its been fine since.

This is with Firefox synced between my desktop and laptop as well