MS flight simulator directx 10 vs directx 9 water?

MTDEW

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 1999
Just a curiosity question for those who own MS Flight Simulator.
Did they ever add the directx 10 water effects as promised in these pics?
http://blogulate.com/content/directx-9-vs-directx10/
I remember those screenshots being linked to a lot as "proof of what DX10 had to offer" when people were arguing how good DX10 was gonna be for pc gamers.

This question popped in my head when reading about directx 11 features and how it will blow us away, yet i remember being promised the same things about directx 10, and all we ever really seemed to get was barely noticeable features that needed side by side screen shots to notice and worse performance.

I jumped on the Directx 10 / Vista bandwagon and never really felt it was worth it.

So, although i'm all for Win7 (i LOVE IT! ) , i think i'll hold out for awhile before caring about buying a DX11 card until there are some real/noticable reasons to upgrade from my current GTX 280.

With mostly console ports on pc nowadays, im just not sure how well DX11 features will be implemented anyway in the near future.
Of course, i could be way off the mark, and i HOPE i am! ;)

MTDEW

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 1999
Originally posted by: Quiksilver
LOL @ that link comparing Faces in Crysis to Halo Combat.

Those Crysis DX10 shots bother me a bit also, since i remember a thread talking about how with DX11 we'd finally have characters with round heads. (wish i could find that link to that thread, it is here on these forums)
Yet those DX10 heads look pretty round to me.
The Crysis ones, not the Halo one...LMAO

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
Originally posted by: MTDEW
Originally posted by: Quiksilver
LOL @ that link comparing Faces in Crysis to Halo Combat.

Those Crysis DX10 shots bother me a bit also, since i remember a thread talking about how with DX11 we'd finally have characters with round heads. (wish i could find that link to that thread, it is here on these forums)
Yet those DX10 heads look pretty round to me.
The Crysis ones, not the Halo one...LMAO

We can have round things now, and we've been able to have round things for a very very long time.
Having round things without a huge performance hit is where the issue lies, and is what DX11 brings to the table through the hardware tesselator.