Mr Rogers for the kids of today

Jon-T

Jun 5, 2011
Many of remember growing up with Mister Rogers. Every episode was crafted as a lesson to shape our young minds.

Sadly Mister Rogers is gone, but, I think I found who is filling his role for the next generation.

Recently when I changed my ISP I logged onto Youtube with no cookies and was presented with video recommendations I normally don't see. Then I saw Shane.

He has 20+ million subscribers, dozens of videos with 10 million + views. He also appears in other highly viewed (and recommended) Youtube channels, He frequently does crossovers with fellow Youtube star Jeffree Star.

He speaks you young kids with with a kind soft voice, much like Mister Rogers. Informing them about the important aspects in life. Like this.

Yep, he informs our young ones about all sorts of conspiracies and how the government is trying to control and kill them. He even backs it up with clips from RT news.

Take some time, watch some of his conspiracy videos and remember how Mr Rogers shaped your life.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Mr Rogers would never work today because people would automatically assume he's a child molesting pervert.

(That's my own conspiracy theory...)

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
At the age that Mr. Rogers is appropriate, kids shouldn't have free reign on the internet/YouTube...
Naturally I suppose there are children that are watching it anyway.

(Didn't watch the video, not going to watch the video)

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
At the age that Mr. Rogers is appropriate, kids shouldn't have free reign on the internet/YouTube...
Naturally I suppose there are children that are watching it anyway.

(Didn't watch the video, not going to watch the video)
But go into any 'family' sit down resturant today, and watch the parents strap a kid in a high chair, and put a tablet in their hands so they will shut-up and not bother them.