Mr. Benghazi, Jason Chaffetz refuses to investigate Trump

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Yes
That should happen
Let me drop this question:
If Hillary would have been elected and Congress were under control of Democrats- if allegations were made about her doing something wrong, like communicating with Russians, would Congress be calling for an investigation?

I'd hope so. No one should be immune from these sorts of allegations being investigated who is in that position or similar, such as cabinet positions, etc.

Last edited:

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
Honestly what did people think would happen in terms of Trump's Russian ties? The writing was on the wall for months.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Yes
That should happen
Let me drop this question:
If Hillary would have been elected and Congress were under control of Democrats- if allegations were made about her doing something wrong, like communicating with Russians, would Congress be calling for an investigation?
Let me answer this way. If it were discovered Hillary had unknown ties with ISIS and refused to criticize them, I believe Dems would have full investigations

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Jan 25, 2011
There will be investigations and nothing is mutually exclusive. That Chaffetz is reluctant doesn't change the eventual result but it may be slowed in coming. It's way beyond silencing.
Well. He has said they won't investigate. Period. That was yesterday. 33 Benghazi hearings and, what, 7 on emails but this. This they just can't be bothered with.

Reactions: Sonikku

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Rand Paul said nothing can get done if republicans are investigating republicans, apparently it's just a waste of time according to Senator Paul.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Well. He has said they won't investigate. Period. That was yesterday. 33 Benghazi hearings and, what, 7 on emails but this. This they just can't be bothered with.

What that means is that his office won't investigate. That does not mean all agencies are banned into looking into wrongdoing. In fact that would be illegal. There is no such thing as immunity from investigation. The FBI for example can certainly follow leads based on any relevant material including leaks and pressure or no pressure they have no real choice and they know that if this blows up everyone participating in the greatest illegal plot in the history of the US will go down. While it's not the French bureaucracy, our is far more enduring than any elected office or official.

Trump and his allies defeating that? I'll believe in alien abductions and anal probing first.