Mpeg4's and divx

Yohhan

May 17, 2002
Why won't my windows media player play this stuff? Mpeg4's and divx files? I'm using version 8.0 that came with XP. I download video and only end up getting audio. Afraid I'm not to familiar with this.

Thanks for any help.

AnAndAustin

Platinum Member
Apr 15, 2002
;) I have the same prob as you Yohhan dispite installing DivX 5.0.2. I simply use MediaMatchJukebox or WinAmp which happily play the few files WMP won't. The official DivX player is a bit buggy in my experience and severely lacks some simple features like a playlist, not too bad if you watch a 2 hour movie but having to return to my computer every 5-20 minutes with shorter files is very annoying. I'd suggest you try MMJB or WinAmp, or wait for M$ to get their act together.

Aug 23, 2000
find the nimo codec pack and DL it, also see about finding a copy of media player 6.4, it doesn't have playlists, that I know of, but it is the best player out. I exclusively use it.

Necrolezbeast

Apr 11, 2002
The new Windows media player 9.? beta fixed that same problem for me. I don't remember exactly where or how I found it, but I'm sure it's on MS's site somewhere.