MP3 portable cdplayers are cheap...

Paulson

Elite Member
Feb 27, 2001
www.ifixidevices.com
I picked one up for when I workout so I wouldn't have to listen to the same old songs in the same order I have been for the last 3 weeks..

For $48 I got an rca one with the display that tells the song, artist, bitrate, album info... hell it even scrolls the song if it's too big to fit on the screen...

I'm happy.. It's got random on it so I'll never listen to the same crap over and over... and I'm sure the battery life will be good because all it has to do is load the song, not keep the cd spinning the whole time...

I'm happy :p

Josh

Lifer
Mar 20, 2000
Yea. MP3 Portable CD players rock. Plain and simple. Great for trips, excercise, whatever. I've got a portable mp3 player boombox from Philips, it's hot.

Josh

Lifer
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: jjsole
I wish the non-cd mp3 players would get as cheap. :)

You can get some cheap ones for like $20-$60, but they probably won't be top quality, but hey they'll play your cds :D

Gunslinger08

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Josh
Originally posted by: jjsole
I wish the non-cd mp3 players would get as cheap. :)

You can get some cheap ones for like $20-$60, but they probably won't be top quality, but hey they'll play your cds :D

They make MP3 players that play CDs now?
rolleye.gif

prontospyder

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I wonder how you guys carry along an MP3 cdplayer for exercise? Do you wear it around your neck or just hold it in your hand?

draggoon01

May 9, 2001
how's it like scrolling through hundreds of mp3? can you burn them into directories on the cd and navigate through directories to make it easier?

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
The 128MB irock player is only $80 at buy.com, reviews I've seen were positive. With 128 you can stuff in a CD worth of high-bitrate or a couple CDs worth of P2P craptastic MP3s.

Paulson

Elite Member
Feb 27, 2001
www.ifixidevices.com
Originally posted by: draggoon01
how's it like scrolling through hundreds of mp3? can you burn them into directories on the cd and navigate through directories to make it easier?
Yup... except I always have mine set to random...

They're nifty... and a cd player isn't too big... I have at least 100 songs on it so yeah...

Rudee

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
portable MP3 players are good for working out. Portable CD players on the otherhand are too damn bulky.

randomlinh

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
linh.wordpress.com
Originally posted by: palidor
minidisc > *

i tend to agree, but
1) kinda pricey for something decent
2) sonic stage can blow me

i really don't understand it. openmg was horribly buggy. sonic stage is better in that respect, but still not as intuitive as say, itunes. how do the japanese put up with this crap software (EVERYONE over there is carrying an MD it seems).