MP3 player...

DaBoneHead

Sep 1, 2000

Hola,

If anyone can recommend a good mp3 player, I'd appreciate it. Especially if you have one and think it is great. I also want to get it mail order... since I positively do not trust "Worst Buy" anymore.

Price doesn't matter, but capacity and size does.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Cable God

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2000
Just got my Nomad 2 yesterday and fell in *love* instantly with it. Good price on it at buy.com count in the $30 off $150 coupon with free shipping and it's even better :) Sound quality is awesome and it is a FM radio reciever as well. I also store my digital resume on there along with my mp3's :)I also ordered the car adapter to play in my car, but it shipped seperately. You can't go wrong with the 64mb Nomad II in my book. Check it out :)

Namuna

Platinum Member
Jun 20, 2000
I've got the Rio500 (64mb, USB). It was cool for about 2 weeks, but constantly having to load and reload songs is a pain (it only realistically holds about 15 songs). I have a car adapter as well, I used to do a lot of driving to visit friends and family. Having to hear the songs repeated cause of limited space gets annoying QUICK.

SCREW those players Chalupa boy, since money is no object...Go with a hard drive based MP3 player. Only REAL way to go. But these bad boys are HIGH priced and have their own shortcomings as well...

You'll be wanting to check out www.mp3.com and the their forums, best place to go for all the details.

DaBoneHead

Sep 1, 2000

Creative Nomad Jukebox it is...

With 5 gigs of mp3's already, its nice to know I have room to expand ;)

Thanks for the help.

HKSturboKID

Golden Member
Oct 20, 2000
I am looking for the Creative Nomad Jukebox too. But its so expensive. Everywhere is like about $400 bux. Especially the holiday is coming, I don't think the price will drop anytime soon.

HKSturboKID

Golden Member
Oct 20, 2000
I am looking for the Creative Nomad Jukebox too. But its so expensive. Everywhere is like about $400 bux. Especially the holiday is coming, I don't think the price will drop anytime soon.

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Or why not a mp3-discman type thing? Those are around 100 bucks, maybe a bit more...and play MP3s off of CD-Rs. You're looking at 150 or so MP3s per CD. Not bad.

The only good thing about the flash memory ones is the size. because 15 songs sucks.

beat mania

Platinum Member
Jan 23, 2000
Definitely the Creative Jukebox. I swapped out the 6 GB HD and put a 20GB HD in there. It rocks.