Mozilla Shrinks Memory Use in Firefox Add-Ons

Discussion in 'Software for Windows' started by Chiefcrowe, May 8, 2012.

1. Loading...

Similar Threads - Mozilla Shrinks Memory Forum Date
    Mozilla FINALLY makes the Bookmark Popup open.... Software for Windows Jul 20, 2016
    Mozilla releases first Nightly build of Servo, its next-generation browser engine Software for Windows Jul 1, 2016
    Mozilla is finally adding a worthwhile feature to Firefox Software for Windows Jun 8, 2016
    Good news everyone! Mozilla intends to copy Chrome some more Software for Windows Apr 12, 2016
    VMware - cant' shrink my virtual disks Software for Windows Jan 28, 2014

2. hclarkjr

hclarkjr Lifer

the last 2 versions of firefox IMHO have really lowered it for me. 11 and 12 really run smooth

3. Miramonti

Miramonti Lifer

The build with this code, version 15 Nightly, is performing worse for me than v.12. It's already crashed twice on 'out of virtual memory' errors since I installed it last night after reading this thread. The memory usage had gotten near 1gb.

It could be a matter of chance based on the sites I visited (sites with pics has a huge influence on memory increases), but I'm skeptical of the improvement at this point.

#3 Miramonti, May 9, 2012
    Last edited: May 9, 2012
  4. Chiefcrowe

Chiefcrowe Diamond Member

Well it is a nightly build, so I am hopeful that it will improve and performance will continue to increase.

5. Steltek

Steltek Golden Member

Yeah, I'm seeing crashes in the v15 Nightly as well (in my case, related to the Cool Previews add-in and the Dell support website).

This is actually the first instability I've had running Nightly in literally months...