Moving to england....

Vegito

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 1999
My boss decided to go back to england and I may be deciding to move there as well.. questions..

I never been there... after watching train spotting, I dont think I wanna go.. just kidding

Phone, does US phone work there ? ie can I plug in a phone I own here ? or are they on different signals

Computers, should I keep these or get what they have there ? besides power differences..

Also I think they dont use the 3 pong power plug right ?

Anything I need to know ?

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
they do use a different power voltage and plug. you will have to get converters for that. i forget what the terminology is. and the only other tip i can give you is stay AWAY from liverpool. it is a dump.

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
a pool of liver.... just sounds nasty :)

Vegito

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 1999
yeah, how the heck am i gonna collect us mints now... that sux...

hold that buffalo for me... hehe

i'll pm u..

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Trainspotting was Scotland.

Are you planning on moving for good? WHy are you following your boss? Same company? If you are trying to move there for good you have bigger things to worry about than your phone!

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999

<< Trainspotting was Scotland.

Are you planning on moving for good? WHy are you following your boss? Same company? If you are trying to move there for good you have bigger things to worry about than your phone!
>>

Yeah, like your teeth. ;)

amish

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
1. get a new phone
2. get a power adaptor
3. learn to speak the language
4. enjoy

fatalbert

Platinum Member
Aug 1, 2001
hmm

England always seemed like a fun place. But you will either need a converter for the voltage or a new system

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

<< after watching train spotting, I dont think I wanna go.. just kidding >>

LMAO
Scotland is much nicer than England.
Although the seedy heroin underbelly might not be
haha

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000

<<

<< Trainspotting was Scotland.

>>

Yeah, like your teeth. ;)

amish
>>

Why? Nobody else in England worries about their teeth :)

Vegito

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 1999
Teeth like austin powers hahaha

we're a small firm and pretty much everyone is going to move since everyone is single and stuff..

same company, just different place..

but all is not set yet, we got 4 month to make the final decision...

but that movie was funny, wheres the bathroom and everyone went in there to take a look.. .heheh

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
Damn, that must be one hell of a company if you're willing to move to another country for it.

Orbius

Golden Member
Oct 13, 1999
English people are often unintentionally insulting, they're also pretty hyper. :) But England is a high energy, exciting place, just don't take some peoples attitudes and offhand comments personally.

The women love American men though, expect them to be all over you. I had like 4 of my cousins friends after me when I was in England it was pretty bizarre as that never happens in America.

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001

<< Scotland is much nicer than England.
Although the seedy heroin underbelly might not be
haha
>>

Hardly - any country filled with men who wear skirts is suspect in my book.