Moving paradox

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I have a two-bedroom apartment. Furniture consists of a sofa, loveseat, desk, desk chair, large dining room table with five chairs, entertainment center, 36" TV, queen-sized bed with headboard, two small bookcases, one large book case, and three end tables, along with miscellaneous clothes, books, lamps, and electronics.

I think I have too much stuff to pack into a 6x12 foot U-Haul trailer and the back of my Durango.

However, according to U-Haul's website, my Durango is too heavy to be towed behind a moving van.

So what now? Garage sale?

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
6x12 is the biggest U-Haul rents; I don't know about other companies. Ryder's website is pretty poorly set up and I can't think of any other companies in the same vein.

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: notfred
Get someone else to drive the durango?

Hmm, that might be an option. I live by myself and I'm not sure who I'd get to do it though. :\

Kevin

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2002
I don't get it. You need something to pull the trailor, right? So isn't that what the Durango is for?

Dec 28, 2001
Originally posted by: Kevin
I don't get it. You need something to pull the trailor, right? So isn't that what the Durango is for?

I'm thinkin' the 'trailer' is a moving truck?

SammyBoy

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Jehovah

NO! the trailer is towed by the durango. I think you can stuff all that shiet in there. You're forgetting the roof of the durango bro :)

Dec 28, 2001
Originally posted by: SammyBoy
Originally posted by: Jehovah

NO! the trailer is towed by the durango. I think you can stuff all that shiet in there. You're forgetting the roof of the durango bro :)

Yeah, then what he's saying doens't seem to make any sense! :confused:

hzl eyed grl

Super Moderator<br>Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
Originally posted by: X-Man
Originally posted by: notfred
Get someone else to drive the durango?

Hmm, that might be an option. I live by myself and I'm not sure who I'd get to do it though. :\
Don't look at me! Been there done that. ;) :p heehee

Emveach

Feb 3, 2003
For gods sake people...you're missing the problem.

1) He has too much stuff to fit into the trailer that could be towed by the Durango.

2) If he gets the van for moving, then his Durango is to heavy a vehicle to be towed behind the van.

On to my suggestions for a solution:

1) It's a little time consuming, but leave your Durango behind at a friends house, drive the van to where your moving too, then take the van back, and get your truck.

2) Get a friend to drive out with you. Still time consuming, but cheaper in a way that when you take your friend home, you can avoid putting more miles on the Uhaul.

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Emveach
For gods sake people...you're missing the problem.

1) He has too much stuff to fit into the trailer that could be towed by the Durango.

2) If he gets the van for moving, then his Durango is to heavy a vehicle to be towed behind the van.

On to my suggestions for a solution:

1) It's a little time consuming, but leave your Durango behind at a friends house, drive the van to where your moving too, then take the van back, and get your truck.

2) Get a friend to drive out with you. Still time consuming, but cheaper in a way that when you take your friend home, you can avoid putting more miles on the Uhaul.

Thanks, I was starting to think I wasn't speaking English.

I'm considering selling my mattress and box springs, and maybe my kitchen table. If I did that I'd have plenty of room. I'm unhappy with my mattress anyway (have to flip it once a week) and my table is frickin' huge.

My brother is going to fly out and help me move. Lock up your daughters, gentlemen, Mrs. Humphreys' boys are goin' on a road trip! :p

Shockwave

Banned
Sep 16, 2000
You'd be suprised what you can fit in a trailer if you stack in in there right.
Thinkof it as a giant lego set, and get everything to fit in just rigth and I bet you could do it.

hzl eyed grl

Super Moderator<br>Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
I'm considering selling my mattress and box springs, and maybe my kitchen table. If I did that I'd have plenty of room. I'm unhappy with my mattress anyway (have to flip it once a week) and my table is frickin' huge.

My brother is going to fly out and help me move. Lock up your daughters, gentlemen, Mrs. Humphreys' boys are goin' on a road trip!
You're going to sell them?! lol Well, at least they aren't that old. You bought them when I was there last summer. I still can't believe you're selling them though. heehee Tell your bro I said hi. :)

Demon-Xanth

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
Actually, you could probably fit it in a 6x12'.

Another option though, is a moving service. Some are setup where they drop off a crate, you pack it, they pick it up and take it to where you're going. You unpack it, and they take the crate back. So you don't neccessarily need to go full service.