moving out for the first time...

caitlion

Golden Member
Sep 25, 2003
my best friend, her boyfriend, and i are moving out in about a month in a half. we have looked at a LOT of places, and have decided on this:

http://tucsonrentalhomes.com/casa_grande.htm

so far the only negative is the price - $845/month or ~$280/month each.
the positives are that pets are allowed (we have two medium sized puppies that may get larger), they don't have a problem with this being our first place and turning 18 RIGHT before we move in (meaning we have no credit history or references really), its a nice location, and a beautiful house that we all like.

so weve pretty much decided that were going with this one... i just wanted to get some outside opinions. do you think it seems worth the price?

:)

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Don't move in with them. All you'll hear is them doing it or them fighting and it will be pure hell.

Plus when they break up, you get screwed on the rent.

MAME

Banned
Sep 19, 2003
How the hell could you complain about $280 a month? The sh!ttiest trailer in the trailer park STARTS at $400 a month around here

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
Originally posted by: minendo
Don't move in with them. All you'll hear is them doing it or them fighting and it will be pure hell.

Wise man

Wahsapa

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001
hrm. other then using all the money you'll ever get before you even have it. no, i dont see any reason to not move in, unless you dont like seeing couples almost 24/7.

Aug 16, 2001
Originally posted by: MAME
How the hell could you complain about $280 a month? The sh!ttiest trailer in the trailer park STARTS at $400 a month around here

That's Tucson for you.

I am gonna kill myself now.

Rent

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000

So true.

Aug 16, 2001
Originally posted by: Rent

So true.

Just agree before about eventualities like that. Gentlemens agrement.
Then you are good to go.

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
Yeah, moving in with a couple isn't the greatest of ideas; fights, break-ups, reconciliation, etc.

MAME

Banned
Sep 19, 2003
Originally posted by: FrustratedUser
Originally posted by: MAME

That's Tucson for you.

I am gonna kill myself now.

Jesus that's cheap. Though, I shouldn't complain. I'm renting a loft (that used to be a condo) with 1 other guy for $497.50 each. It's pretty big and fairly nice. He put up carpet and dry wall in the attic and now sleeps there. We have much more room than any other apartment I've seen, and it's the cheapest you can buy a 2 bedroom apartment in the area

booger711

Platinum Member
Jun 15, 2004

So true.

and do you want to hear them fvcking at night? not a good thing, esp if you're also randy

beer

Lifer
Jun 27, 2000
I love it how every time a thread like this starts, you New Yorkers/SoCalers never cease to amaze me with how much you bitch about you rent. STFU. It's getting old. You pay more rent because you probably make more money. I'm not sure if you're trying to brag or just being annoying whiny bitches, but it has nothing to do with the OP

beer

Lifer
Jun 27, 2000
And to the OP...it depends on how much you make. The general rule is rent should be about 30% of your take-home pay. If you're making $900 a month in take-home cash, or about nine bucks an hour at 40 hours a week, you're good to go. Anything less and you risk being screwed.

xSkyDrAx

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2003
OMG what the heck. That is one nice house and for 800 something, that is WAAAAAY WAAAAAAY CHEAP!

caitlion

Golden Member
Sep 25, 2003
Originally posted by: Xionide
Looks good to me. Whats the deposit?

-Xionide

$595... not bad at all. and then an additional $350 when we move in for the doggies

caitlion

Golden Member
Sep 25, 2003
Originally posted by: FrustratedUser

So true.

Just agree before about eventualities like that. Gentlemens agrement.
Then you are good to go.

yep. trust me we have discussed everything... and we will all be mature about whatever situation comes up :)