Moving Origin and its games.

DesiPower

Lifer
Nov 22, 2008
Does it work like Steam. In steam I know, all I have to do is, move the complete folder, client and games included. Delete all client files except for the main exe and viola...

Does that work in origin? I have Origin and BF3 installed on HDD and want to move it SSD, but done know how, my research till now suggests that I have to uninstall and reinstall, so before i do that, wanted to check with AT one last time...

clok1966

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2004
as its Origin i suggest the wastepaper basket Icon on your desktop.

or (stole froma ORIGIN forum)

Easy Windows 7 (or any Windows version) workaround:

Go to your command prompt (Start --> run --> "cmd". Make sure you run as Administrator.
Type: mklink /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\" "D:\YOURDESTINATIONDIRECTORY\WHATEVER"

Windows will create the virtual link. After you have made the link, go and actually create that alternative directory. Run Origin, install the game, and watch as Windows puts it to that new directory.

DesiPower

Lifer
Nov 22, 2008
ya, well, if I have to install the game, then i would rather reinstall Origin as well...

I know Origin sucks but unfortunately that's the only way to play BF3 on PC :(

The Green Bean

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2003
After you install Origin on your SSD, go to game's directory and change it to your current games location (on your mech drive). It worked for me. It should also work if you move your games folder to your SSD.