Moving in with g/f in a few weeks, anyhting i should know?

Rifter

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Title pretty much says it all, im moving in with my G/F in a few weeks, we have been ging out for a year. What am i in store for? I have never lived with anyone other than my parent b4 and would like to know what to expect, thanks!

Vikaden

Golden Member
Apr 10, 2000
prepare to find things out you never wanted to know about your gf, all of her pet peeves and yours will come out when you two spend your lives together

Rifter

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Wow that got a fast response, I like the first response best so far :) keep em coming guys :)

Russ

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Change your mind, quickly, before it is too late. You have too much to live for to let it end this way.

Russ, NCNE

Ulfwald

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
May 27, 2000
You will discover many things when living with you GF, first and foremost WOMEN ARE HUMAN. You will see her at her worst, and also at her best. If you just use some common courtesy then it will work out.

1: Go ahead and put the seat down. it is a lot easier than fighting about it

2: When shaving, wash the sink out. Also, put your bathroom stuff in a drawer, give her as much counter space as possible.

3: Do unexpected things. A single rose brought home will do wonders for your relationship.

4: If you want blankets (when sleeping at night), best thing to do is get ones that are usually 1 size bigger than you need. that way tou both stay covered during the night and you will not have a tug of war going on.

5: take some time to get used to sleeping together.

6: Just because you want IT, does not mena she is always ready for IT, Some of the best nights I have spent with my wife have been just lying in bed snuggling. It makes for better communication and bonding.

7: And last, but not least, TALK, and also LISTEN, So many issues can be worked out with simple communication.

Grminalac

Golden Member
Aug 25, 2000
Hey get off the computer and come watch a movie with me...
Why do you spend so much time on the computer?
I feel like I am competing with that damn box.
ect...

Supradude

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2000
Hope your ready for it,... living with your gf is a huge step, and you must be prepared to be annpyed with each other, to find out imperfections with each other, and to co-exist basically... the true trial of your love will come... trust me, there's nothing worse than having fight/skirmish with your gf, except when you have to spend the night in the same place afterwards!

Russ

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
8. NEVER pull the covers over your heads and cut one. They REALLY hate that.

Russ, NCNE

Rifter

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Thanks for the words of encouragement Russ i knew i could count on you :)
Viper GTS We are both 20
ulfwald Thanks for the advice i will try my best :)
Grminalac thanks for a laugh, actually i spend alot less time on here than i used to

unclebud

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2000
yah, Grminalac, too true! lmcao
you didn't ask me, but i would STRONGLY suggest you keep the coats nearby... waking up next to it is nothing but trouble.... all my boys that shacking, within three-to-six months they have they girl oven-packing

Rifter

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Thanks for all of the responses guys, im off to bed but keep em coming ill respond to them tommorow, thanks alot!.

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Discuss who will be paying for what, and keep your money in separate bank accounts.

There will be a brand-new set of things to disagree about. We never go out/you go out too much/I want to go out more. Your friends are idiots/they come over too much/why can't my friends come over more often. The bathroom needs cleaning/I hate cleaning the bathroom/why don't you clean the bathroom. You haven't dealt with those things much when you live with your parents.

Accept that you will have conflicts and you have to work them out. If you weren't with your gf every night before, you might feel that you don't have any time to yourself since she'll be around all the time. She may feel the same. Work out how you two will have your own &quot;personal time&quot; without the other feeling left out about it.

Pastore

Diamond Member
Feb 9, 2000
Its do or die... either you two will get married in a year, or you will move out within a month...

zogar

Oct 13, 2000
when I lived with my ex we had an ongoing screaming match for about 3 months. after we got used to each other and knew each others place it was really great. then we spent most of the time laughing about how we used to scream and fight all the time... but I like headstrong, fiesty women so maybe it will be different with you. Oh we had to go our different ways because I had to leave her country unexpectedly and she couldnt come along.... still love her and its been almost 4 years now....

pdo

Diamond Member
Feb 9, 2000
www.pauldophotography.com
I've lived with my x for 6 months and it was a nightmare. Spend more than 1/2 hour on the comp and she starts bitching. Things didn't really workout so she moved out. We breakup and here I am. I hope things will workout for you though. And don't ever visit pron site when she's around..

cyclistca

Platinum Member
Dec 5, 2000
1. Communicate. If there's a problem talk about it. Ignoring it will not make it go away it will just become a bigger problem
2. Compromise is important on both sides.
3. Share in the workload. She your g/f not your live in servant.
4. Put down the toilet seat
5. Don't take her for granted. Surprise her once in awhile.
6. Try to setting up one room or area in your place that is considered each partners personal space.

Fearlss1

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2000
This i Believe is the only way to tell if you and your mate are compatable.. Everyone changes when you move in with them. You will see her true self. Hert habits and any other things you didnt know before. Sometimes it takes &quot;Moving In&quot; to find out the true person..

N E way thats my $.02