Movies that were SHOCKINGLY Bad

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Thetech

Mar 12, 2005
Originally posted by: foghorn67
Originally posted by: Thetech
I agree with you saying Mr. & Mrs. Smith was awful, I thought what the heck is going on? The only thing you could enjoy was the special effects. As far as the plot it keeps slipping your mind that Brad and Angelina are supposed to be married in the movie, I thought what a dumb plot. Oh BTW what film or films made Brad Pitt so popular? I always wonder why is this guy so talked about, what signature film does he have?

Fight Club. Some before that. But Fight Club made him 'in'.

Thank you for telling me. I've never seen fight club, and I'm kind of cautios about Brad Pitt movies anyway.

Thetech

Mar 12, 2005
Originally posted by: lithium726
Oh, and You Got Served. My friends and I went to go see that 'cuase we knew it would be (really) dumb, and therefore funny. It was so bad we didn't even laugh.

Oh, yes I've seen that. And your right, it was terrible beyond a doubt. I guess the studio figured just cast some popular music-stars and the movie will make us money.

EDIT: On another note, always avoid any movie that tries to mix horror and comedy.

Thetech

Mar 12, 2005
Originally posted by: Scorpion2k6
Mr. and Mrs. Smith, Spiderman 2, Halloween Resurrection, Hitch, The Master of Disguise, Monkeybone, Super Troopers, Men in Black 2, The Ring Two, 8 Mile, That Britney Spears Movie, Honey with Mariah Carey, Step Up, Hollowman. Dreamcatcher... And those are just the ones that I remember...

Jessica Alba was in Honey(you might change your mind about the movie now that I pointed that out ;) )
Mariah Carey was in Glitter Glitter was very bad.

Evilhomer99

Aug 28, 2006
I can no longer watch this list of movies, all of them were bad. Freddie v Jason was so bad, it was good. But for my money, Dream Catcher by Stephen King was the worst movie ever made. For those who havent seen it is a mix between men in black, Outbreak, stand by me(4 boys in new england, common king ******) and whats eating gilbert grape. This movie was the only movie i have ever considered walking out on. It is the epitome that stephen king stoped trying a long long time ago..........anyone who considers this movie even watchable should be beaten........

Scorpion2k6

Dec 25, 2006
Mr. and Mrs. Smith, Spiderman 2, Halloween Resurrection, Hitch, The Master of Disguise, Monkeybone, Super Troopers, Men in Black 2, The Ring Two, 8 Mile, That Britney Spears Movie, Honey with Mariah Carey, Step Up, Hollowman. Dreamcatcher... And those are just the ones that I remember...

Jessica Alba was in Honey(you might change your mind about the movie now that I pointed that out ;) )

Yes, I do want to change my opinion on Honey... It was Glitter that I was thinking of. That movie just suck money balls...

Shadowknight

Diamond Member
May 4, 2001
Undead. The trailers made it look like an AMAZING zombie movie. What I got was easily the worst movie I've ever seen. I usually try to at least watch a movie all the way through, even if it's bad. I wanted to give up at the 10 minute mark. After suffering (literally) till the 20 minute mark, I finally gave up.

deadken

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2004
Originally posted by: nutxo
Worst movie Ive ever seeen. Possibly the worst movie ever made.
If that was the worst movie you have ever seen and it got 3.9 out of 10, imagine how bad Leonard Part 6 since it was rated at the same website (IMDB) with 2.0 out of 10!

I still don't think that there has EVER been such a bad movie as Leonard Part 6, anyone care to suggest something worse?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Remember folks, the OP asked what movies were shockingly bad.
If you thought about 3/4 of the flicks listed here were supposed to be good then you deserve to be disappointed.

For me it was Star Wars 1. If Lucas had made it many years earlier when he still had the demons it might have been better.
http://www.pointlesswasteoftime.com/film/scifi.html
Read that for an explanation of the demons.
Also, many of my votes would go to films on that list.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
ultraviolet lol:)

that reminds me of AEon Flux!

omg such a botch job...looked horrible, so tacky..incompetent. some chick director who knew nothing about the subject.

Worthington

Golden Member
Apr 29, 2005
Originally posted by: ncage
"the village"

Yup, this is what I was thinking of.. I was expecting a great suspensful movie, and all I got were people in costumes and a father who sends a blind girl to make it through the woods.. terrible.

mattlear

Jun 2, 2000
Meet the Feebles

This is, by far, the worst movie I have ever seen, and quite possibly the worst movie ever made.

It's like the Muppet Movie - if the muppets were on crack cocaine.

How this movie got ANY funding is beyond me. How the director was allowed to continue directing is also a mystery. Check out who the director is... :)

Just awful - I still have nightmares thinking about it.

-Matt

GoodToGo

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2000
Originally posted by: sundevb
Oh, and BUTCH1 is absolutely correct, Battlefield Earth was by far the worst movie ever made. Any other opinion is wrong, sorry.

You obviously haven't watched Mystic River.

Thetech

Mar 12, 2005

Yes, I do want to change my opinion on Honey... It was Glitter that I was thinking of. That movie just suck money balls...

Heh, I knew you would ;) I would too :D

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Originally posted by: animalia
I hated the Godfather.

Bad movies off the top of my head:

the descent
alien vs predator
van helsing
hidalgo
ghost ship
little nicky
home alone 3
home alone 4
any new movie by disney

oh yeah.... star wars episode 1, 2, 3, and 5

Star Wars 5???!!!!!! The Empire Strikes Back???? That pretty much disqualifies any opinion from you.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Originally posted by: theprodigalrebel
WTH? The Aviator, About a Boy & Spider-Man 2 are shockingly bad? :confused: I love those movies.

Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle is the worst movie ever made. Ever. Sitting through it was an excruciating experience.
Coming close are Dumb & Dumberer, Doom, Final Destination 2, Ring 2, Dark Water, Cabin by the Lake 2.

Worst ending for a slasher/horror movie goes to Scream 3 - talk about unimaginative.

I think I'll second Charlie's Angels Full Thottle. I was squirming in my car seat at the drive in on that one.

Feb 10, 2000
Originally posted by: GoodToGo
Originally posted by: sundevb
Oh, and BUTCH1 is absolutely correct, Battlefield Earth was by far the worst movie ever made. Any other opinion is wrong, sorry.

You obviously haven't watched Mystic River.

Wow - of all the dumb posts in this thread, that might well be the dumbest. Mystic River was a masterful adaptation of a wonderful book. I'd say it properly belongs on a list of the top ten or twenty movies made in this decade.