Mouse sometimes double clicking by itself [solved]

doug

Oct 18, 1999
There is a very old thread:
Mouse sometimes double clicking by itself?
http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=1683335

The thread is now locked but I wanted to put in the solution I found in case it helps anyone else.

My Logitech Notebook mouse started frequently double clicking when I did a single click.

One person in the old thread used a squirt of WD40. I did something similar but instead first used air then CAIG DeOxit Cleaning Solution.

So I pried up the mouse button a bit with a fingernail, squirted some compressed air in, then squirted some DeOxit in. It seems to have cleared it up.

The DeOxit should be much better to sort out connectivity than WD40. The DeOxit is pretty handy stuff for cleaning intermittent electrical connections in lots of stuff like small motors. The DeOxit comes in a spray can with a little red tube like WD40 does, I have no affiliation with them just found it handy sometimes.

Hopefully someone else might be able to solve their single click becomes double click issue with this as well.

Last edited:

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Interesting, when I posted the same issue, all I got was 'it's bad, replace it'. I reluctantly threw it away, maybe I didn't need to.

inachu

Platinum Member
Aug 22, 2014
I did tech support for my mother and always had to buy a new mouse because she put so much hand creme on that it cut the life span of the mouse by up to 75%.