Mouse pointer speed control in Windows

pepsimax2k

Jan 23, 2004
Is there any way to have greater control over mouse pointer speed in Windows (XP) other than the control panel > mouse > pointer options > speed slider bar? I'm trying to get to grips with a new mouse which by default moved a lot faster than my original mouse. Thing is, the speed I want appears to be somewhere inbetween two of the slider positions available; one feels too fast and the other too slow, and somehow i'm kinda sensitive to it.

Is there something like a registry entry that can be edited for greater control over the speed? Or anything else like additional programs etc that could help? Thanks.

NoelS

Oct 5, 2007
pepsimax2k,

If it's a new mouse, is there a driver CD with it? If there is, the driver could have more sensitive control than the Contol Panel can give you.

Noel

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
The pointer speed slider in XP CP is pretty good. But, there are ways to get more precise control. Example:

Mouse

And, many mouse OEMs do provide added control software. I just put a new Logitech VX Nano on my lappy, and it provides a control icon in the System Notification Areda of the Task Bar.

NoelS

Oct 5, 2007
corkyg,

I was glad to get that site also. I just bought 2 MS mice and they didn't have CDs, so will use your suggestion myself... :)

Noel