Discussion Mouse Pads... What's your preference?

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
I was thinking the other day that of all the PCs I've built and all the hardware I've fawned over, I've pretty much always just defaulted to a regular $2 mouse pad that you can find at any dollar store. I've tried a few different ones over the years and while a metal mouse pad was nice for a while, I noticed the rough surface was starting to wear down the underside pads of my mouse and I got rid of that. I've also tried to use just the wood surface of my desk and that was also decent for a while until I noticed it was starting to cause slight damage to the desk.

So, is there a general consensus on which mouse pads are superior? I'm still waiting on GPU prices to drop back down to normal pricing before I build my next PC but when I build it, I'd like to replace everything and that includes the pad I'm currently using.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Want a free Glorious mousepad OP? Got a few extras you just pay shipping.
No thanks. Mouse pads are dirt cheap on every site so the cost isn't something I'm worried about. I'm mainly looking for input on preference just to see if there are certain ones that have any advantages over others. The one I've been using for the past five years is one my ex picked up for me at a gift shop when she went on a family vacation.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
I've used Corsair mousepads for a number of years after discovering how much I liked them. They're smooth and not very thick (which I personally don't like). I haven't come across the pads on the bottom of the mouse either.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01798VSLU/

I also bought a 3 pack of no-name pads for my wife and kids, and they are happy with them. They are smooth and not very thick just like the Corsair one above.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C3XZMC6/

Reactions: Stg-Flame

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
I've used Corsair mousepads for a number of years after discovering how much I liked them. They're smooth and not very thick (which I personally don't like). I haven't come across the pads on the bottom of the mouse either.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01798VSLU/

I also bought a 3 pack of no-name pads for my wife and kids, and they are happy with them. They are smooth and not very thick just like the Corsair one above.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C3XZMC6/
A few of my friends on Steam really recommend cloth ones and I haven't tried one of those yet. Thanks for the link.

Reactions: UsandThem

Furious_Styles

Jan 17, 2019
No thanks. Mouse pads are dirt cheap on every site so the cost isn't something I'm worried about. I'm mainly looking for input on preference just to see if there are certain ones that have any advantages over others. The one I've been using for the past five years is one my ex picked up for me at a gift shop when she went on a family vacation.
Not always they're not. Glorious can be anywhere from $10 to $50 depending on size/type.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Razer Manticore aluminum. It has a pretty smooth surface with very little texture. I've never noticed wear on the feet/pads on my mouse, but I usually replace them with new teflon every few years anyway. This pad is definitely smoother than past alloy pads that I used though.

Before I bought this, I was looking for a frosted glass mat. Besides Icemat (which was oos everywhere), I only found fabric mats with glass fibers interwoven. I guess they're not a thing like they were 20 years ago.

dlerious

Golden Member
Mar 4, 2004
I've had a bunch of no-name cheap pads. I liked my Steelseries Qck, but since getting a Corsair MM300, I've started going with larger ones that cover more of the desk. I don't really play twitch shooters where I need speed, so I just grab whatever works and lasts.