Mouse freezes on my laptop

huynh hoang

Dec 18, 2017
I have an annoying problem with mymouse and I'm just wondering if anyone can help. I have a standard HP mouse that worked perfectly fine I never had issues with it and it works great on other computers. But on my laptop when I use the mouse I can only use it for like 40-50 seconds at most before it freezes for 1-3 seconds and then its ok for a while and repeats this freezing thing agai and again

Can anybody help me?

fastamdman

Golden Member
Nov 18, 2011
I have an annoying problem with mymouse and I'm just wondering if anyone can help. I have a standard HP mouse that worked perfectly fine I never had issues with it and it works great on other computers. But on my laptop when I use the mouse I can only use it for like 40-50 seconds at most before it freezes for 1-3 seconds and then its ok for a while and repeats this freezing thing agai and again

Can anybody help me?

Have you tried reinstalling windows? Have you tried reinstalling chipset drivers, usb drivers, all drivers essentially? Generally when issues like this occur its driver related. It could also be disabling that usb port after some period of time. Try setting the computer to high power / performance mode and disabling usb suspended settings.

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
Some laptops have their own HID touch devices, and a mouse can cause momentary conflicts. In such cases. see if you can disable the built in device when you use a mouse.

SmokinWaffle

Jan 12, 2011
Some laptops have their own HID touch devices, and a mouse can cause momentary conflicts. In such cases. see if you can disable the built in device when you use a mouse.

This is good advice. I've had conflicts on users laptops with this before, albeit rarely.