Mouse cursor grows and shrinks w/o any rhyme or reason

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007
Hi everybody,
I've been having a strange problem ever since I installed my HD5870. My mouse pointer will unexpectedly grow in size while I'm using my computer, and occasionally go back to the normal size.

It only changes between 2 sizes, the larger size is always the same size, and is about the same size as the XL version of the mouse pointer. I thought at first it might be switching to the XL pointer for some reason, but when I tried manually loading it back to the normal sized pointer it does nothing, and it actually grows bigger if I use the XL version.

I have been trying to find out what is causing it, trying to see if it happens when I run a certain program or something like that, but it seems to happen whenever it feels like it. Oddly enough it will also sometimes go back to normal size without any real pattern that I have noticed.

I've looked around and the only answers I've found are the general "update your drivers" answer, which isn't the problem at all. I've experienced this using the drivers that came with my 5870, 9.11 and 9.12. I've tried totally wiping out my drivers before I reinstall them as well, it does not seem to help at all.

Anyway has anyone else had this problem and found a way to fix it? It's more of an annoyance than anything because it just makes the pointer ugly as hell, but it would be nice to fix it.

Anyway here are my system specs:
Phenom II 940
4Gb ram
Radeon 5870 using 9.12
HT Omega Claro (sound card, probably not affecting it.)
Windows 7 Ult. x64