Mounting and Cabling for LCDs and HT speakers

baldeeps

May 19, 2008
Apologies if these questions have been asked anywhere else - tried to search some but didn't get the answers i was looking for.

I just bought a Samsung LN46A550 and now need to wall mount it. Any recommendations on economic and good mounts?

Secondly, i want to run the home theatre cables and the HDMI cables within the wall. Does it really make a difference if you buy Monster vs. other HDMI cable? Any specific recommendations here?

For speakers, do the regular speaker cables suffice or there is something special i should buy? Asking because i read some posts about interference with power signals.

Midnight Rambler

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Sanus makes some nice mounts.

As for cables, Monoprice is OK but I like Blue Jeans Cables a little better. If you're going for the cheapest HDMI cables, you'll get essentially the same quality cable from either place (based on Copartner cable stock). For that matter, Cables to Go also sells the same Copartner-based HDMI cables. But if you want something better, the Belden-based cables from BJC can't be beat, IMHO.

Feb 6, 2007
Originally posted by: Midnight Rambler
Sanus makes some nice mounts.

As for cables, Monoprice is OK but I like Blue Jeans Cables a little better. If you're going for the cheapest HDMI cables, you'll get essentially the same quality cable from either place (based on Copartner cable stock). For that matter, Cables to Go also sells the same Copartner-based HDMI cables. But if you want something better, the Belden-based cables from BJC can't be beat, IMHO.

Seconded. I got my speaker wire from Blue Jeans Cable, and it's great stuff. Easy to work with, durable, high quality all around (and I got to put it together myself, which was incredibly easy, but made me feel all awesome because I can tell people I made my own speaker cables; don't worry, they sell it pre-assembled if you don't feel like attaching the leads yourself). If you're running any cables through the wall, you'll want to be sure they are specifically listed for in-wall use (such as the Belden cables offered at BJC).

Do not, under any circumstances, buy Monster cable. Why pay $250 for a cable from Monster when you can get identical functionality from a $12 cable from Monoprice? Paying a 2000% markup is just stupid.