Mount and Blade Wiki

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
M&B wiki

The wiki doesn't show the stats for the different units but at least you can see which path to upgrade the units through. Also the heroes have likes and dislikes. I had 2 leave my party since they didn't like the other heroes. The game info is very dynamic from what I've seen so new versions might not be covered until someone updates the wiki.

Sedition

Dec 23, 2008
This game seems incredibly intriguing. How have I not heard about this..

Mount&Blade is an RPG from TaleWorlds. It is a strictly historical game (no monsters or magic, not even healing potions) set in the fictional world of Calradia. Its innovative design has already attracted a thriving mod community.

damn med school and forcing me out of the gaming community

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
There's a demo available on Steam if you want to give it a whirl. Warning tough, if you have stuff you need to be doing, best not to have this as a distraction.

ArchAngel777

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
The game is incredable... With a little bit more time in development or with the use of Mods, it is incredable. People rip on the graphics, but honestly, I think they are really good. Sure, it isn't like Far Cry, but it is far better than even Medieval Total War II and you can download a mod to allow up to 1000 people on the map at once. If your PC is powerful enough, it will work. I was able to have battle sizes of around 600 and it is incredable to see... You sometimes think 600 isn't a lot of people, but this gives you a good idea just how hectic war would be with 600 people, let alone 3 legions (18,000) of roman soldiers... :D

coreyb

Platinum Member
Aug 12, 2007
what could I compare this to? it sounds interesting but I need more details!

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
I've been playing for the last couple of days. I don't think you can compare it to anything really. The combat is the best I've seen for melee. The graphics are well whet ever and some of the sound sucks (like the water sound) But it is challenging and open ended and complex. This is how it should be.

aka1nas

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2001
The closest I could compare it to would be a hybrid of an RPG and one of the Total War games. Everything is real-time, though, battles are fought in 1st person and you use some basic hotkeys to order your troops around. Your troops gain experience and can then be upgraded into better unit types. Your character and NPC companions also level up and can be equipped with items.

SpunkyJones

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2004
I picked it up on Steam last weekend on sale for around $8, having some fun with it so far.

Apr 20, 2008
Its pretty good so far. I'm sure my former build (AMD 3500+, 2GB DDR and a x1650 512mb) could play it just fine.

IDK about you guys, but i like games that can run well on all semi-modern hardware.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
Originally posted by: aka1nas
The closest I could compare it to would be a hybrid of an RPG and one of the Total War games. Everything is real-time, though, battles are fought in 1st person and you use some basic hotkeys to order your troops around. Your troops gain experience and can then be upgraded into better unit types. Your character and NPC companions also level up and can be equipped with items.

You can also hit backspace to see the map and issue orders. I like having my infantry advance with archers behind them. When the infantry lines meet, I have the cavalry on "follow me" and ride through their archers. Luckily my faction is currently at war with others that don't have cavalry.

skace

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
It's really amazing to see where M&B came from and where it's gotten to. I bought it way back in the day when there was never any expectation of it being on retail shelves :)