Motor Trend MX-5 Miata vs FRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

brainhulk

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2007
I think that review has swung my vote to the miata...lol (with stiff springs and DOT R's of course)

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
I was already on the MX-5 page :) After seeing that Best Motoring or whatever Japanese show where they tracked them stock v stock, and the MX-5 was doing better through the curves. I look ludicrous driving a Miata, but they're so much classic fun that I don't think I would care all that much.

Jimzz

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2012
I was already on the MX-5 page :) After seeing that Best Motoring or whatever Japanese show where they tracked them stock v stock, and the MX-5 was doing better through the curves. I look ludicrous driving a Miata, but they're so much classic fun that I don't think I would care all that much.

My MiL said the same thing, me not fitting, when she saw me driveing my 73 Chevy as my head was sticking out of the car with the T-Tops off.
Had to explain to my wife thats why the T-Tops have a large bump/curve up so 6' people can drive them. :)

I also like the Miata, at least the potential of them. Small light RWD car with good handling and options to improve power and handling.

ballmode

Lifer
Aug 17, 2005
I'd like to see a test with same tires and similar suspension settings and see what comes out on top

Dr. Detroit

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2004
miata's too expensive now...

The price quoted (as tested) was for the Club Edition.

MSRP for a base Miata is $23,750 and goes up to $29,250 + options.

Its a convertible with a Power Retractable Hard Top, costs a tad more than your norml fixed roof coupe ya know!

Top Down > FR-S

ballmode

Lifer
Aug 17, 2005
ooooo my bad... i thought the base miata was 27k now... seemed a tad high.

Club version if it had a different interior I would have warranted it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY