Motivation to shut down Mueller

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Have you guys read this?

https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/...-proxies-helped-funnel-millions-gop-campaigns

Stopping investigation into Russian affairs on US soil may not only be about protecting the orange prince of darkness it may be moreso about protecting their own asses. The rabbit hole runs deep, bye bye Kansas bye bye.

Forget about NK, the real threat is allready engaged behind enemy lines.
I posted about the Russian funded PAC some time ago, mostly was ignored. Maddow had a piece about it as well if memory is correct.

Reactions: cytg111

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I imagine it’s also about further destabilizing the US political system. If Trump fires Mueller that represents an existential threat to our constitutional system. The only acceptable answer to that is to rehire him or for congress to start impeachment proceedings because at that point you literally have the president stopping an investigation into his own criminal activity.

I’m way, way less confident that would happen now than I was even three months ago. We could be headed to a really dark place.

Reactions: cytg111

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I posted about the Russian funded PAC some time ago, mostly was ignored. Maddow had a piece about it as well if memory is correct.
Too bad cause it needs attention! It may not be illegal but if half of congres is compromized by gazprom money that sort of needs to go out on billboards everywhere. And I agree, this is of course Putin and his generals agenda of destabalizing the western foundation.
Nothing more threatning than a free man/woman with a legit democratic vote.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
When Trump took office and immediately placed immediate family into positions of power the red flag went up and alarm bells were screaming that a storm was coming. Nevertheless his supporters continue to stand with him in light of his obvious corruption which really kills me.

Reactions: shortylickens

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
When Trump took office and immediately placed immediate family into positions of power the red flag went up and alarm bells were screaming that a storm was coming. Nevertheless his supporters continue to stand with him in light of his obvious corruption which really kills me.
Indeed.. and if congres has been sold and bought as well then the US is truely fucked.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Indeed.. and if congres has been sold and bought as well then the US is truely fucked.
The sad truth is that people become comfortable in their beliefs and will refuse any evidence to the contrary no matter what. When confirmation bias is present it doesn't matter what evidence you provide to them as they will always reject it in favor of fake news that supports their position.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
The motivation is there, but he would be insane to terminate the investigation.

There is only one charge he cannot survive, and that is clear evidence of direct collusion between his campaign and the Russian government. There is no way to muddy those waters. That is treasonous and criminal. It is something the American public can clearly understand and there will be incredible pressure for inpeachment proceedings.

Following financial breadcrumbs are a bit harder only because it is harder for the public to follow that bouncing ball. Also, such findings will involve a wide cast of characters, and it would be relatively easy to cloud those findings with accusations of partisanship tainting of the investigation or whataboutism. There is so much foreign and lobbyist money flowing through Washington, people won't be able to differentiate legal from illegal.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
The motivation is there, but he would be insane to terminate the investigation.

Sure my dog looks thirsty, but to fix that she'd have to walk alllll the way over there, then lower her head and drink.

I don't know man, not sure I see it happening in this political climate.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Repubs true colors shining through for you.

The Repubs may be preparing to fire Mueller, or they may be simply planting the seeds of doubt in order to leave their constituents with something to cling to, something else to hate the dreaded Democrats with, which then gives them a reason to stay loyal to the party rather than abandoning them.

Either way, we're now seeing again the depravity to which the GOP will default to when they see their agenda being threatened by an investigation that's simply doing its job for which Mueller, at the outset of the investigation, was considered by the Repubs themselves the most highly regarded and qualified person to lead the investigation. Amazing yet so predictable that they are now turning on Mueller with the full weight and coordination of their party and their vaunted propaganda machine. Did anyone ever doubt in the slightest this Repub change of heart, this traitorous act being committed against Mueller by the Repubs once they discerned that the investigation started to veer in their direction?

Small wonder that since this investigation has been closing in on Trump, the Repubs are now up in arms and doing what they do best: turn their constituency into a raving mob and have them go after the monster, of which this time around just so happens to be the once ace prosecutor with the once impeccable reputation for being faithful and focused on doing his job to the best of his abilities.

Words can't describe what the Repubs are now doing to Mueller, and I hope Mueller will never forget how he is being treated by the Repubs. I hope we all will never forget the extent to which the Repubs will go to in order to save their sinking stinking scow of a ship of state.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000