motion sickness???

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Martimus

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2007
Borderlands made me sick every time I played it. I bought Borderlands 2 during the Steam sale and increased the FOV all the way to max, and I haven't gotten sick yet. I hope it continues that way, because I do like the game.

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
I've been sick twice. First was watching someone else play Quake. The second was playing Warcraft III in 40 foot seas.

Xonim

Golden Member
Jul 13, 2011
My brother-in-law can't play FPS games. He's fine with everything else.

My wife thought she was okay until I bought her Skyrim. She played all of 15 minutes and was getting sick from it, so it hasn't been touched since.

The only time I've felt sick from a certain game was Super Mario 64, but I think everyone had that feeling at first...

thespyder

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2006
I'm good with every other game but the Half Life Series. For some reason I feel nauseous every time I play it. I've tried everything. Which is a shame because I really enjoy that game. I can't play it any longer than 10 minutes at a time.

^ This. for whatever reason the half Life series seems to do it to me every time. Don't know why because I have played a lot of 3D 1st person games.

I will admit to feeling sick to my stomach after playing several hours of DA:2, but suspect that is something else entirely. :O

DeadFred

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2011
I'm good with every other game but the Half Life Series. For some reason I feel nauseous every time I play it. I've tried everything. Which is a shame because I really enjoy that game. I can't play it any longer than 10 minutes at a time.

^ This. for whatever reason the half Life series seems to do it to me every time. Don't know why because I have played a lot of 3D 1st person games.

Same. Its the low field of view, anything under 80 makes me sick as a dog.