Motherboard USB header

cantucimblonde

Jul 21, 2002
The connector header on my motherboard (pretty much standard on most makes now) for extra USB ports looks like this

ooooo
oooo

It is for 2 USB ports. I need to get 3 ports out of it. Does anyone make some sort of adapter or do I need to make one myself from the array of connectors and pins at Fry's. And one more thing. >> USB from what I have read can support 127 devices on a single channel. Does anyone foresee a problem with what I am attempting?

Thank you

casper911

Jul 28, 2002
you need to get a USB hub to allow u to use up to 127 devices.

Bear in mind that the bandwidth for each device to the hub will share the bandwidth of a single usb port.

jiffylube1024

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Just buy a 4-port hub or whatever. You don't need to go creating any sort of makeshift USB splitter or anything!

txgixer

Jun 12, 2002
Originally posted by: jiffylube1024
Just buy a 4-port hub or whatever. You don't need to go creating any sort of makeshift USB splitter or anything!

The Abit IT7 MB will support 6 USB ports onboard . . . . .

No need for a hub :)

cantucimblonde

Jul 21, 2002
Gee guys .. am I slow here or are these answers way off base?

The connector I showed:
ooooo
oooo

is an internal connector for extra USB ports. Mr Jiffylube wants me to buy a USB hub .. Well tell me Mr. 10-40, how do I hook up the hub to this port? And then Mr. Tx want to compare motherboard size .. is that a guy thing?? "My motherboard has so many ports that it has it's own zip code"

Comments? or Help .. Thank you ......