Motherboard: (supports Crossfire only) can it do Physx? (2 video cards)

wand3r3r

Diamond Member
May 16, 2008
I'm pretty sure it can't but just want to verify.

Asus P6T SE
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1366/P6T_SE/#specifications
Supports ATI® Quad-GPU CrossFireX™ Technology

It has the 4 PCI-Express slots but if it doesn't support SLI I guess I can't have a gtx 560 ti and some other e.g. gtx 4xx series card to do physx?

Previously had crossfire but switched to nvidia. :( I should have stayed amd being I have this board for the time being. I doubt I'll upgrade for a while yet as I don't have a need on the processor end. I was kind of waiting for x79 but that was a let down.

Last edited:

3DVagabond

Lifer
Aug 10, 2009
I'm actually pretty sure you can. You aren't running SLI when you use a separate PhysX card.

Arkadrel

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2010
Although its never mentioned anywhere when you buy a nvidia card, that can do PhysX, it only works with primary nvidia cards.

you need to use a old hacked version, to get a AMD primary card, with a small nvidia card doing physX to work.

3DVagabond

Lifer
Aug 10, 2009
If I understand the question the OP wants to run 2x nVidia cards. His question is will it work with a mobo that's not SLI capable.

Doougin

Jul 4, 2011
your mobo will work fine for what u want to do. As far as i kno any mobo with more than one pci-express x16 slots can use multiple video cards that are not in sli/crossfire. your gtx 560 ti will run the monitor and your gtx 400 series will only be used for physx.

ocre

Golden Member
Dec 26, 2008
yes! yes, and yes.

with an Nvidia GPU you can run a physx secondary card in your motherboard no problem. Crossfire/SLI any multi PCIe slot motherboard.

Just so you know:
You can also run a physX card with an AMD/ATI primary video card. Its not officially supported but its done with little effort by hacked drivers.

I also have seen SLI done with two nvidia cards on crossfire motherboards. This is a software fix and its possible by hacked drivers.

These driver hack software fixes are easy to do and details can be found with a quick google