Motherboard recommendation for a Digital Audio Workstation

pc132

Aug 2, 2001
Hello all,

I need to get a new mobo+CPU combo for my now defunct Digital Audio Workstation. I've been doing research all day, and I'm still not sure which direction I should take. It seems to me that Intel is the preferred way to go, but it is possible to get your system to work with AMD. I definitely do not want a VIA chipset as I've heard of all kinds of problems with this.

I'm going to be running an M-Audio Audiophile 2496 soundcard, 128x3 megs of PC133 SDRAM, Cubase and Reason. I have a limited budget so I do not want to buy new DDR memory - maybe last month I would have, but I missed out on the deals :(

Can anybody recommend a good mobo setup? I'm not totally convinced that Intel is the only way to go as it appears that getting a mobo with a good chipset gets rid of the problems sometims associated with AMD and audio.

Thanks in advance!

KaBudokan

Oct 10, 1999
Check with M-Audio. I have an Aardvark soundcard and asked tech support about an AMD solution. They recommended an AMD 761 chipset board, and even recommended a couple specific models. I would suggest asking them about compatibility issues or suggestions.