Mother holds off 3 home invaders with carbine

BUnit1701

May 1, 2013
Thought we could use some positivity on the shooting people front. Only downside I see is all 3 perps survived to be arrested.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/mom-opens-fire-on-home-invaders-in-detroit-to-defend-children

Recalling the panic she felt, the mom says "I let them know I had a gun once they were in the house. They said no you don't so I shot off the first round. I wasn't feeling anything at the moment, I got scared afterwards."
We still don't know what they came to steal, but the mother was committed to protecting her two small kids at any cost with her loaded rifle.
Her daughter told her "Oh no mommy, I don't want them to take my piggy bank or my toys."

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I'm glad for her, but the lack of deaths is not a negative.

Yep, it is. If more of these criminals were killed we'd have much less crime, a benefit for all of us. If every single perp was killed in the commission of the crime, it would be a joyous day to celebrate for all.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Yep, it is. If more of these criminals were killed we'd have much less crime, a benefit for all of us. If every single perp was killed in the commission of the crime, it would be a joyous day to celebrate for all.

Well aren't you the charming little sociopath.

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
Right on!

This is what you ladies should be parading around for your pro-shooting people campaign.

Not these "what if" and "one time" or "3 years ago,..." bullshit stories where you have to cook up 60% of some imaginary detached from reality situation to justify shooting another person - BY SOMEONE ELSE,.. it's not even you doing the shooting for God's sake!!

Anyway, more power to people like this and more power to owning a firearm for your own home.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Well aren't you the charming little sociopath.

Yes, wanting fewer criminals out on the street now means being a "charming little sociopath". :rolleyes: Idiot.

As far as I'm concerned, I don't have any sympathy for someone breaking into someones house to rob / rape / kill them, and if they get killed in the process, that's a win for society.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006

Can someone shoot you when you don't use your turn single?

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Sure it is. There will be more victims of these thugs.

Oh no, now you've done it. You're sociopath, don't you understand these are wonderful upstanding citizens that would so needlessly be gone, depriving our society of all the wonderful things they'd do? How could you possibly be OK with something happening to them? They're just misunderstood! :biggrin::biggrin:

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Yes, wanting fewer criminals out on the street now means being a "charming little sociopath". :rolleyes: Idiot.

As far as I'm concerned, I don't have any sympathy for someone breaking into someones house to rob / rape / kill them, and if they get killed in the process, that's a win for society.

lol.

I have no doubt that's what you think, but that's because you're a sociopath. I don't expect you to understand how more normal people think because its likely your brain just doesn't work that way.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Can someone shoot you when you don't use your turn single?

I don't know about you, but I don't have "turn singles". If you mean turn signals, then maybe you don't understand the difference between a traffic violation (where the cops can give you a ticket etc) and a violent crime against a person.

schneiderguy

Lifer
Jun 26, 2006
She would have been better off with a double barrel shotgun.

Joe-Biden-says-buy-a-shot-001.jpg

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
lol.

I have no doubt that's what you think, but that's because you're a sociopath. I don't expect you to understand how more normal people think because its likely your brain just doesn't work that way.

I'd be willing to bet that the majority of "normal people" would not have any problem with it if these criminals had gotten killed in the process. I'm actually about the furthest thing possible from a sociopath, but I wouldn't expect an idiot such as yourself to be grasp that. :biggrin:

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Oh no, now you've done it. You're sociopath, don't you understand these are wonderful upstanding citizens that would so needlessly be gone, depriving our society of all the wonderful things they'd do? How could you possibly be OK with something happening to them? They're just misunderstood! :biggrin::biggrin:
Thought that was a given since I have a lot of guns and ammo. And some here are sadists. There will be more suffering caused by this trio.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I'd be willing to bet that the majority of "normal people" would not have any problem with it if these criminals had gotten killed in the process. I'm actually about the furthest thing possible from a sociopath, but I wouldn't expect an idiot such as yourself to be grasp that. :biggrin:

I'm willing to bet that plenty of people would not have been particularly sad or thought it was unjustified if an individual engaged in a home invasion had died in the attempt. To actively wish for more people to be shot and for more blood to be spilled is not only gross in and of itself, but it completely discounts the traumatic effects of such deaths on the person defending their home as well as their children.

Immature and stupid people who want to act like tough guys rarely think about the consequences of their actions, but sociopathic people also have difficulty with this.

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
lol.

what are you turning into? Moonbeam JR?

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
I'm willing to bet that plenty of people would not have been particularly sad or thought it was unjustified if an individual engaged in a home invasion had died in the attempt. To actively wish for more people to be shot and for more blood to be spilled is not only gross in and of itself, but it completely discounts the traumatic effects of such deaths on the person defending their home as well as their children.

Immature and stupid people who want to act like tough guys rarely think about the consequences of their actions, but sociopathic people also have difficulty with this.

Think of the criminals feelings.

Why is the left always defending thugs?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Think of the criminals feelings.

Why is the left always defending thugs?

You idiot, I'm talking about the feelings of the children in the house who would have seen someone shot to death. A home invasion is traumatic enough, it's a great thing that children didn't need to go through that.

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
You idiot, I'm talking about the feelings of the children in the house who would have seen someone shot to death. A home invasion is traumatic enough, it's a great thing that children didn't need to go through that.

no your hiding behind that.

This entire thread your saying how bad it would be if the criminals were dead.

boo hooo.

If i was in that situation I'd rather they be gone. I'd be in more fear they might come back for revenge otherwise.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Its called empathy and being a decent person. Which is something a person like you would have trouble with. Sorry you have a mental disorder.

Empathy would require having a brain. I think he's running on a 50\50 air\water ratio.

Nov 29, 2006

And what if they had saw their mother shot to death because she didnt have a gun? Or even themselves?

Much better for the one commiting the crime to be the dead one