Most Republicans think Trump is a better president than Lincoln

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I'd say this is more confirmation for something we already know: most Trump supporters just aren't that smart, or interested in facts and history that they can't distort for a narrative.

Lincoln wasn't a Russian cockholster, could read and write like a scholar, and could beat the shit out of almost anyone. The TDS snowflakes prefer their fantasies though, like where Trump is a skilled negotiator or talented businessman.

Last edited:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I'd say this is more confirmation for something we already know: most Trump supporters just aren't that smart, or interested in facts and history that they can't distort for a narrative.

Lincoln wasn't a Russian cockholster, could read and write like a scholar, and could beat the shit out of almost anyone. The TDS snowflakes prefer their fantasies though, like where Trump is a skilled negotiator or talented businessman.
I think there is a new script for dealing with Trump. Macron has shown everyone, stand up to the bully in public and he cowers.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Probably the same person that said "All Hitler did, was pre-heat some ovens."
Remember, according to conservative darling Candace Owens, Hitler was just making Germany great again until he decided to expand beyond their borders.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I think there is a new script for dealing with Trump. Macron has shown everyone, stand up to the bully in public and he cowers.

Or just laugh at him.

Orange Man Baby is the only one allowed to talk shit about other people and countries apparently, or else he'll pick up his toys and head home! Macron, Erdogan did it, Pelosi turned it into a hobby awhile back. One more reason not to nominate a narcissist who combines a meager intellect with criminal ambition. I definitely prefer the days of the free world making googly eyes at our president, while the likes of Putin and Xi just sit there and stew, unable to make eye contact.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I actually heard one of the c-span callers say this today and I wanted to die. "All Lincoln did was free the slaves" and Trump "has done more for us than any other president".

I'm starting to think that people are now just calling in to see if they can get a rise out of that dude.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
That is easy to explain:
Trump speaks and writes (tweets) at a 4th grade level... and republicans thing he is a genius.

• Haha
Reactions: Puffnstuff

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
That is easy to explain:
Trump speaks and writes (tweets) at a 4th grade level... and republicans thing he is a genius.

It took some kind of perverse genius to get 62M Americans to make Trump President. How in the world anybody ever thought he was worthy of that is beyond my comprehension. How that mindset can be maintained is even more alarming. None of it is rational at all. Trump messes with their minds at a deeply emotional level.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
It took some kind of perverse genius to get 62M Americans to make Trump President. How in the world anybody ever thought he was worthy of that is beyond my comprehension. How that mindset can be maintained is even more alarming. None of it is rational at all. Trump messes with their minds at a deeply emotional level.
Kinda goes hand and hand with this thread.... https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/proof-republicans-really-do-like-their-constituents-as-dumb-as-possible.2573975/

Trump has a great deal of appeal to the stupid,