Most pathetic pro sports franchise?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

new2AMD

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Saulbadguy
Originally posted by: Nitemare
Originally posted by: Amused
Originally posted by: Amused
Chicago Bears?

Naw. If you've won a championship, that automatically disqualifies the team from the running.

The Bears won something?

What the heck? You don't remember the super-bowl shuffle? 1985 Bears!

Edit: Quite possibly the best team in the history of the NFL.

72 Dolphins might object

I don't think the 72 Dolphins were as good as the 85 Bears. The game changed significantly over those 13 years..and oh yeah, the 85 Bears won more games than the 72 Dolphins :)

The kicker is that the only loss the 85 bears had was on Monday night in the season finale against.....MIAMI.

GoodRevrnd

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
Originally posted by: edro13
Haha! I knew the Bengals would be on that ESPN list somewhere, but I didn't think it would be #2! :D

GO BENGALS!
Hehe, nice... Bengals was the first team I thought of. I think they deserve to be higher on the list than the Clippers just based on fan support.

Jan 18, 2001
Originally posted by: MogulMonster
Baseball:
Milwaukee Brewers. They have a great stadium now, but they can no longer afford to pay a team worth puting on the field. They have had some great years, but as a general trend, they have sucked.

Ya the brewers suck so bad. They need to sell the team to someone who will spend a little money. The current owners thought the new stadium would up attendance and cashflow, but all it did was increase prices and decrease attendance.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Originally posted by: GambiT
Gobadgrs - Brett Favre chocked pretty hard in OT from the game that I watched this weekend against the Eagles!! :brokenheart:

While Favre threw the INT, it was the play calling at crucial moments that killed the Packers.
4th and 1 on the goal line in a tight game and you go for it? You NEVER walk away from points. Period.
4th and 1 on the 40. If you get the 1st down, with the offensive line and Running game youve been living by all season the game is over. If you dont get it then you rely on your defesense for the stop. If you Punt it you rely on your defense for the stop.... lets punt!
4th and 26 for the Eagles... and you let a guy run RIGHT UP THE MIDDLE OF YOUR D sit on the 1st down marker and catch the ball? WTF kinda D call is that?!

Horrible.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Oh and yes... the Brewers could certainly be on this list easily. They suck now and have since 1982. The bad thing is their prospect of getting better gets more and more bleak as each year passes. HUGE spiral.

GoingUp

Lifer
Jul 31, 2002
Originally posted by: shenaniganz
another vote for the cardinals. i don't hink anyone in that organization actually wants to win.

Well they did beat the Vikes, but then again, the vikings could have out choked them ;)

Jul 12, 2001
Originally posted by: GoodRevrnd
Originally posted by: edro13
Haha! I knew the Bengals would be on that ESPN list somewhere, but I didn't think it would be #2! :D

GO BENGALS!
Hehe, nice... Bengals was the first team I thought of. I think they deserve to be higher on the list than the Clippers just based on fan support.

depends on what u are talking anout...the entire career of the bengals franchise hasnt been bad...i mean they made it to 2 superbowls within the last 21 years...but the last 13 years have been the worst of any team.

Go BEngals!

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
Definatly Brewers. Every year they get one or two great players, but end up trading them away after the season is over.

NL5

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2003
What about the JailBlazers. They are usually pretty good, but they are pathetic.

zbalat

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: new2AMD

The kicker is that the only loss the 85 bears had was on Monday night in the season finale against.....MIAMI.

Nice try. The Bears lost to Miami when they were 12-0. The Bears won their last 3 game to finish 15-1. Their season finale was against the Lions.

[edit] My vote goes to the Cubs[/edit]

akodi

Golden Member
Jan 29, 2003
baseball: yankees (how can you spend that much money and not win?)
football: the sd chargers (they're just sad to watch minus l.t)
basketball: warriors (what a bunch of underachievers)