brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
a post by tynopik?

MQdHmuc.gif

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
i feel like bryan colangelo's collar would have a place somewhere on this intimidation dream team

also, of those 2 teams, i think i'd go with #1

dasherHampton

Platinum Member
Jan 19, 2018
Is that supposed to read "the five most intimidating players"?

The first team is all centers. They wouldn't win a game against a regular starting NBA five.

The second team is 3 F, 1 C, and a G/F. Wouldn't fare much better.

Also - I thought Kareem was a nice guy.

Mar 11, 2004
Is that supposed to read "the five most intimidating players"?

The first team is all centers. They wouldn't win a game against a regular starting NBA five.

The second team is 3 F, 1 C, and a G/F. Wouldn't fare much better.

Also - I thought Kareem was a nice guy.

I think in the first one his assumption is the centers would block shots and outrebound. So they would shut down the paint and yet their size would let them extend a perimeter out to the 3 point mark, so unless you're Seth Curry shooting from closer to half court, you're gonna have a contested shot.

The second he seems to have chosen players with history of shall we say, anti-social play, so the thinking is they'd foul you and beat you up.

There's obvious flaws in reasoning for both. Honestly, put Lebron and MJ on either of those and I'd say it'd be pretty intimidating, as they could leave one guy down at their goal (let one of the centers rest each quarter for instance) while they run the court, and both are big and athletic enough that they can guard and keep you honest past the 3 point line. Plus you'd have alley-oop potential. For the second group you'd have 3 of them frustrate (or bang up/injure) the opposing team's best player while Lebron and MJ build leads. By the time the other 3 foul out, it'll probably be too late to mount a serious come back.

Kinda surprised no Bill Russell on that first list by the way.

tynopik

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2004
obviously neither would be the greatest team of all time

think of it more from the perspective of a regular person (you) playing them

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
5 "ACTUAL" tough guys :cool:

Dick Butkus
Ray Nitschke
Lawrence Taylor
Ray Lewis
Jack Lambert

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
Tom Brady
Rob Gronkowski
Emmitt Smith
O.J. Simpson
Joe Greene

:p

you forgot Suh and Albert Haynesworth, both of whom have been busted for stomping on opposing players with their cleats (not to mention however much they weighed at the time)....

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
5 "ACTUAL" tough guys :cool:

Dick Butkus
Ray Nitschke
Lawrence Taylor
Ray Lewis
Jack Lambert
I was going to say....Ken g6 said OJ Simpson.

You need to add Ray Lewis to your list of murderers if you're going for guys that know how to play with their gloves off.

Reactions: Ken g6

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003

You need to add Ray Lewis to your list of murderers if you're going for guys that know how to play with their gloves off.

The first two are BY FAR the most brutal/tough on my list. :D

(Ray Lewis is in @ #4 if you missed it)

Ray Nitschke in particular was known for the "head-slap" play which was pretty much exactly what it sounds like and was 100% legal play back then!

Ray Nitschke (wiki)

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001

Tom Brady
Rob Gronkowski
Emmitt Smith
O.J. Simpson
Joe Greene

:p
You're missing - Aaron hernandez, Rae Carruth, Maurice Clarett, Ryan Leaf, Ray Lewis, Dana Stubblefield, Kellen Winslow II :D

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
You're missing - Aaron hernandez, Rae Carruth, Maurice Clarett, Ryan Leaf, Ray Lewis, Dana Stubblefield, Kellen Winslow II :D
I was trying to match the OP's 5-man teams. And make it a potentially useful team with offense and defense. Though @Scarpozzi is right about Ray Lewis.

If you want all those guys, you might as well add 41 more for a full team.