Most hilarious display of Intel Fanboy-ism i've ever seen!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jones377

May 2, 2004
There was a guy called SiliconDoc that was banned a few articles ago, maybe he's returned?

wwswimming

Banned
Jan 21, 2006
Originally posted by: Idontcare
Mental illness is not a disease to be laughed at. I hope that poor soul is receiving the proper medical attention.

i hope he isn't. just make him worse.

be cheaper to buy him an i7 920.

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
i imagine him being Russian by how he expresses himself.

because as we all know: In Soviet Russia, the Benchmark wins YOU!

ShawnD1

Lifer
May 24, 2003
Originally posted by: aigomorla*pleading the 5th*
As i am a 975 owner.. and a 965 owner... and a QX9650 owner... and was a X6800 owner. :T

Oh and a W3580 owner.... :T

Iono what to say... XE chips are addictive...
Once u tasted that unlocked multi... u really cant go back to conventional overclocking.

You have too much money. Can I have some of your money? Maybe I'll just stab you and take your Intels so they are belong to me.

lopri

Elite Member
Jul 27, 2002
Unlocked multiplier does provide a lot of fun for me. I remember having fun on 975X* with ridiculously tight straps/timings using an E4600 when sky-high FSB was en vogue. At that time I didn't see any other Allendale chip that performed better than mine, clock-for-clock.

I also miss the A64 days when there were decent choices of multipliers at users' disposal and I would run calculators to squeeze the most out of my hardware, using multipliers and dividers.

Today things have changed a lot and overclocking is now more about brute-force.. for better or worse. I believe it's at least partially thanks to the huge headroom available in today's CPUs (though it looks like both AMD and Intel's 45nm hit the ceiling around 4.0 GHz) as well as shift towards more core counts, so maybe I shouldn't complain.. But personally I'm having less fun overclocking than I used to many years ago.

*Edit: 975X -> chipset, not CPU