Most Graphically intense game for PC?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jimbo75

Mar 29, 2011
I am NOT trolling, I simply responded to your request for evidence then got increasingly frustrated by your denial of said evidence.

Enough, this is now beyond ludicrous.

toyota

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
I have owned both cards in the past year , a Evga gtx260 and xfx 5770. Besides a few chosen games the gtx260 is faster.

When they were both overclocked they were about even.

End of arguement!
yeah it wasn't like I started a thread saying one was better than the other because I knew they were very close. in the end my card is probably only about 5-8% or so faster than a 5770 but that was not the point. I am tired of repeating this but the point of me saying that was that he could not run higher setting on his 5770 if i could not do it on mine. of course some people have to look through threads to take a comment out of context just to stir up crap.

Last edited:

happy medium

Lifer
Jun 8, 2003
Keep in mind that I also had a e8400 at 3.6 and a q9550 @ 3.6 and the quad core cpu increased my gameplay fps over the dual core with both the gtx260 and 5770.

toyota

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
I am NOT trolling, I simply responded to your request for evidence then got increasingly frustrated by your denial of said evidence.

Enough, this is now beyond ludicrous.
you took a comment out of context. and its you that denied everything even when I spelled it out for you. look at the 6870 review on techpowerup and they list the 216sp gtx260 as being 8% faster than a 5770. well my card is a tiny bit faster than a stock 216sp gtx260. its simple math so again you had no reason to start this whole damn argument.

happy medium

Lifer
Jun 8, 2003
I am tired of repeating this but the point of me saying that was that he could not run higher setting on his 5770 if i could not do it on mine

I agree. In fact my gtx260 started to pull away from the 5770 when I upped the settings in some games.

jimbo75

Mar 29, 2011
That's also not true for most games. For example myself and the OP have stated that dragon age origins runs totally playable at max settings even over 3 screens.

Even if the 260 was capable of single card eyefinity, that lack of RAM would probably kill it at eyefinity resolutions.

There is a myth that the 5770 would choke at higher resolution but the opposite happens. Look at the xbit review, look at the numbers on the TPU graph and check out the alienbabeltech review at 2560x1600. The 5770 performs better at those resolutions compared to the 260.

Last edited:

cronos

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2001
The 5770 performs better at those resolutions compared to the 260.

No, it isn't.

I actually have no idea and do not give a damn. I'm just repeating what you said above, which started all this stupid e-peen war. You were the one who started it with fighting words, and therefore as far as I'm concern, you are the troll. This is the PC Gaming, not Video Cards and Graphics. Take your e-peen over there. We don't care about it over here.

You are reported. Kthxbye.

MustangSVT

Lifer
Oct 7, 2000
lol.. takes a two.

anyway, its too bad crysis is still the game to beat. too bad Crysis 2 didn't improve on it.

martensite

Aug 8, 2001
Crysis with mods

Can you suggest some good graphical mods for Crysis? I searched on the great interwebs, but not able to figure out which are the best.

I recently reinstalled Crysis on my upgraded rig (see sig), and would like to turn up the graphics to the max, 'just for fun'. Don't care about frame rates since I don't intend to replay the game.

DirkGently1

Mar 31, 2011
Can you suggest some good graphical mods for Crysis? I searched on the great interwebs, but not able to figure out which are the best.

I recently reinstalled Crysis on my upgraded rig (see sig), and would like to turn up the graphics to the max, 'just for fun'. Don't care about frame rates since I don't intend to replay the game.

If you want to make significant, visual improvements to any game, download Nvidia Inspector and try adding some SGSSAA. (Supersampling applied to every pixel on screen).