Most fun you've had playing a MMO game

Engraver

Jun 5, 2007
For me it would we some of these moments:

Trying to town kill people in UO and get away before someone could call guards

Keep raids in DAOC

Flying my Mosquito towards a crowd of people and ejecting before impact in Planetside

Hillsbrad PVP in WoW when honor system first came out

xSkyDrAx

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2003
The only times that I remembered was when Ragnarok first came out and another free MMO called fairyland.

TecHNooB

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2005
Ubertrist and Cow Leveling in D2. That or the first time through the game.

cdmccool

Golden Member
Mar 21, 2006
Group Vs. Group combat in DAoC. Towards the end of my time playing, people became very respectful towards this aspect of the game and it was a blast.

HardWarrior

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004
Seige attacks in PlanetSide, especially when I was playing with my boss and a co-worker. Man, I loved that game! :D It was just FULL of great moments for me.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Anarchy Online - my main was an NT and having like 10 high level mobs mezzed standing around my group while we laughed at them.

Man I loved that game, to this day the only MMO that I played for more than 6 months.

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
A friend of mine and I made thief characters in UO. One night at like 1am we came across someone 'idle' in the road right outside of Yew. We started jacking his stuff and quickly found out he wasn't AFK after all. Since our characters were in nothing but noob clothes we ran to the border of the town. He followed us in and the guards killed him and then we relieved him of the rest of his stuff. :laugh:

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
I would have to be the journey to 60 with one of my buddies in WoW on a RP-PvP server, we have both quit WoW now, I have not played in a while (5 or so months).... good memories mostly, need to start playing multiplayer again.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
Originally posted by: TecHNooB

Yes! I had a necromancer and bone walled in all the low levels so they couldnt escape, then watched all the cows swarm on the wall slowly hacking it to pieces, getting closer and closer to the frightened low levels! Man that stuff never got old...

novasatori

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2003
Setting people up massively in UO to get owned, in guild vs guild I used to join other guilds and set up the guild leaders or members - espionage if you will - there were a couple of really good times. It was kinda cool, I was like a mercenary, never tied down to any one guild, but somehow I managed to be friends with all the powerful players on our shard.
Remember almost all the times I set people up perfectly, too bad I don't have any screenshots and there was no "packet" recording back then.

Other than that it'd have to be running around getting ganked in Asheron's Call with a gimped character in the first few months of the game - The seamless world makes that game one of the best ever imo. I always find myself longing for the immersion of that environment.

tasmanian

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2006
When i played shadowbane there was one huge seige. It lasted probably 9 hours and there was probably more then 500 people fighting. That was the funest time in that game.

kedlav

Aug 2, 2006
I still distinctly recall two things:

-A fight between Fellowship of the Moose and Reckless on Guinevere (hib thimble Emain). It must have been a good twenty minute fight as an 8v8. Full RA dump, etc. Best fight I ever had in an MMO. I had to take a shower afterwards while playing in an air conditioned room
-Old Order/Chaos fights in UO-Chesepeake. Mmm... dragons and tank mages
-Clearing the hundred-man horde of Albs at AMG was always fun too when you RA dump and drop them with 8-16.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
The early days of WoW. It was my first MMO, and I have to say that the first few days of meeting people and exploring the world when everything was new and everyone was a newbie was by far the most fun. This is also taking into account the guild I played in held every server first from MC->Naxx until I got bored and quit. The end game stuff was enjoyable, but I still don't think it was as much fun as the early days. .. Oh, and the first few days of the honor system .. XR camping with the guild was wonderfully enjoyable.

Skacer

Banned
Jun 4, 2007
I can think of a lot of things to write about, but the most fun I've ever had would probably be PBAEing in Everquest. We started on the original droga/nurga, moved to lguk, sebilis, back to the redone droga/nurga, and then a bunch of luclin maps. It was so rewarding when a lot of planning and trial and error started paying off with massive results.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
DAOC Mordred PvP the first couple of months the server was open....the griefing was non stop

Engraver

Jun 5, 2007
I remembered having fun PKing people in DAOC, in the dungeon where Legion was, Darkness something or other. So many places to hide down there, especially for an infiltrator.

I had a lot of fun playing MUDs like Gemstone III and Dragonrealms too. In Dragonsrealms the warmage class could carve talismans that summoned familiars. Once summoned, you could control it directly if you wanted, and run around as a turtle or lizard (a couple of the lowest tier familiars) and talk to people through them. One day I died while hunting and someone stole my stuff. I found the guy and murdered him in town. Forgot to mention there was a no-pk rule in this game, heh.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Originally posted by: Engraver
Hillsbrad PVP in WoW when honor system first came out

Hillsbrad PVP was great when the honor system came out. It reminds me of this one time during a huge PVP bout... I (as a rogue) was standing on the road going up to Alterac that also had a branch off to Tarren Mill. I saw a huge horde of Horde running across toward Southshore and a wee little level 28-ish clothie following behind them. The evil soul that possesses all rogues took over me and I one-shot'd the clothie. I saw everyone still running and I was like, "yes, they didn't notice me!" Then, about half of them turn around and take a b-line straight for me. I did a /shatmypants and tried to run off... yeah, didn't happen :p.

It was fun though... only other times I've ever really had fun were in some good 1v1 fights or the thrill of kiting mobs on my priest. My two best were the Frostwolf Wolf Rider and the hide turn-in person from their hut all the way up to Dun'Baldar and kiting Alexei Barov from the Bulwark to Ironforge.

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
The most fun I had with an MMO was uninstalling one. God I hate those things.

That's not an MMO.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
Originally posted by: Raduque
The most fun I had with an MMO was uninstalling one. God I hate those things.

That's not an MMO.

Its the closest many of us will get to one. I find proper MMO's boring.

RockGuitarDude

Apr 15, 2004
I've played a bunch of MMO's but I was always more of a casual until I played WoW. The most fun I've ever had was in WoW during the Naxx days, I was in a top 10 US guild amongst the first guilds to clear the instance. It was a blast, I looked forward to logging on every day. I also got Atiesh and it was a blast picking up all the splinters and doing the quest line.

coloumb

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
SWG during it's early days - before mounts... when Dath, Yavin, and Lok were truely a dangerous place to be... and CGW was actually fun.