Most Frustrating games ever

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
There's a pretty good AVGN on this game. The game is actually kind of shitty in addition to having some sadistic game design decisions. Definitely way worse than those turtles arcade game ones which were a ton of fun.

Yah, that game was stupid in design decisions. Still I remember beating it a few times.

ChrisAttebery

Nov 10, 2003
Lego Star Wars and Lego Indiana Jones on wii with my 6yo son. I'd make a series of jumps, then he would fall and I'd have to do it all over again. Several points in each game where if you did something out of the intended order the game would just not move on and you'd have to restart the level, etc. The guys that coded those games were not Lucas Arts caliber.

Jodell88

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2007
I played a game called G-Police waaaay back in the day. I remember playing that thing for close to a year, and never being able to get past the last few levels. I was pretty young though; it may not have been that difficult in reality.

g-poli14.jpg
I loved G-Police when I was younger.

Fallen Kell

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Legacy_Of_Kain-_Sould_Reaver_Cover.jpg

I never knew what to do or where to go for some reason.

Really? I never had an issue with that game. That being said, what ever happened to that franchise? It wasn't like the story ended or anything, they just seemed to have left it (maybe I missed a game?)

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
Lego Star Wars and Lego Indiana Jones on wii with my 6yo son. I'd make a series of jumps, then he would fall and I'd have to do it all over again. Several points in each game where if you did something out of the intended order the game would just not move on and you'd have to restart the level, etc. The guys that coded those games were not Lucas Arts caliber.

+1 on that, plus Lego Harry Potter. It was crazy because some things were extremely difficult without a second player, while others made it pointless for more than one. I blame bad porting.

DelroyMonjo

Apr 29, 2012
Ibex. You whined about European Escalation in that game thread as well and you had owned the game for 1 DAY at that time! You haven't played the game long enough to even offer an opinion of it. Maybe Mario Bros. or Frogger is more your speed...

crownjules

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2005
League of Legends. Fffffffff damn feeders on my team! L2P nooblords. Oh shit my skill didn't register / I lagged / <other excuse for failing>. /typical player raging

Selenium_Glow

Jan 25, 2012
1)The PC version of Aladdin. Especially after the 5th or 6th level with all the lava and all...
2) Lemmings... this game always gave me a hard time.

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
It was so easy to get lost in Hexen.

Also the respawning was excessive in Death Kings.

thejunglegod

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2012
Myst V, apparently the easiest of all Mysts drove me completely crazy. Especially the one stage in which we had to align some huge satellite like mechanisms to uncover hidden symbols. That game should only be handed out to people who have a high score in their SATs. Everyone else, just forget it.

Chordian

Apr 21, 2012
chordian.net
There was one level in Tribes: Vengeance where a few satellite dishes had to be protected. I almost couldn't complete this level, even when I tried with a trainer! :eek:

Out of about ~350 completed PC games in my list, I found the following a bit too hard for my taste:

Aliens versus Predator: The first one.
Chrome
Command & Conquer: Renegade: Especially the last two missions.
El Matador
Enter the Matrix
The Great Escape: The train level.
The Hulk: Hard bosses.
IGI-2: Covert Strike
Iron Storm
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver: The first one.
Little Big Adventure 1 and 2
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
Mafia
Manhunt
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault: Spearhead
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault: Breakthrough
Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Undrentide
The Nomad Soul / Omikron: Some of the FPS sections.
Nox: The tower of the wizards and the last third was hard.
Psychonauts: The meat circus in the end.
Severance: Blade of Darkness
Shadow Ops: Red Mercury
The Thing: Some levels were easy, others were hard.
Tomb Raider: Chronicles: Especially the last two levels.
Urban Chaos
Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption
Vietcong: Fist Alpha:
Unforgiving stealth.
The Wheel of Time

SaltBoy

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2001
The Secret of Monkey Island 2.

I basically had to cheat my way through the entire thing. I kept on asking myself over and over again, "how in the f*** was I supposed to figure THAT out?!"

Oct 25, 2006
Armored Core 3 Silent Line was pretty rage inducing at times.

There was this one unskippable mission that put you through a fort. Was filled with drones, moving laser hallways locked rooms filled with bullets

Raged so hard.

thespyder

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2006
Armored Core 3 Silent Line was pretty rage inducing at times.

There was this one unskippable mission that put you through a fort. Was filled with drones, moving laser hallways locked rooms filled with bullets

Raged so hard.

LOL. Just about every zero resource/fixed unit count mission in Star Craft 1-2 was like that for me. Almost broke a monitor playing one of them because my marines kept dying from zerg attacks.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
Many probably will not even know what these are but these 2 gave me a lot of trouble when I was 12:

Wasteland
Sentinel Worlds: Future Magic

AFurryReptile

Golden Member
Nov 5, 2006
SkiFree.

I didn't realize that there actually was no way to get past the abominable snowman. I spent HOURS trying to get further in the game.