Most Foolish Americans of 2004

Gravity

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2003
IT's a bit early to say it's over. 2004 has lots of life left. Let's watch the fools emerge in strength.

Unheard

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2003
Originally posted by: ThePresence
Howard DEAN!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

BTW, I love your sig. Go Yanks!

Kyteland

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2002
Originally posted by: Gravity
IT's a bit early to say it's over. 2004 has lots of life left. Let's watch the fools emerge in strength.
True, but April Fools is as good a say as any to look back for a year and decide. I doubt this was only based on just the last 3 months.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Originally posted by: that website

In the telephone survey of 1016 Americans carried out by New York-based public relations consultant Jeff Barge, 77 percent of respondents voted Michael Jackson to the top of the fool's list, followed by 70 percent who voted for his sister.

Since when was there 147% of a population of 1016 people?!? I'm confused here...:confused:

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Originally posted by: purbeast0

In the telephone survey of 1016 Americans carried out by New York-based public relations consultant Jeff Barge, 77 percent of respondents voted Michael Jackson to the top of the fool's list, followed by 70 percent who voted for his sister.

Since when was there 147% of a population of 1016 people?!? I'm confused here...:confused:
I'm sure they're combining first place, second place etc. votes...like each respondent could vote for more than one person. Capiche?

Kyteland

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2002
Originally posted by: Jigga
Originally posted by: purbeast0

I'm sure they're combining first place, second place etc. votes...like each respondent could vote for more than one person. Capiche?

No, everyone was read a list of names and asked if that person had been foolish during the year. They weren't asked to pick the most foolish. So every person saw somethink like thism

Do you think this person was foolish during the past year. Respond with yes or no.
[yes][no] Michael Jackson
[yes][no] Janet Jackson
[yes][no] George Bush
[yes][no] Richard Simmons
[yes][no] Kyteland

77% of all people thought MJ had been foolish at some point, which is why he "won" the title. They weren't asked to rank people in any way