most famous person that came out of your school

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Reel

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2001
A guy that went to my high school just got drafted in the NBA: Steve Blake. There is a baseball player too: Alex Gonzalez. Probably a bunch of football but I don't know.

TuffGirl

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2001
Noone famous that I know of from my public HS.

A number of celebrities from my college alma mater: Kristin Davis of Sex and the City/Melrose Place, Calista Flockhart, Avery Brooks of Star Trek.

I also attended MIT for a while and a whole buttload of Nobel Prize winners I can't name are from there as well as actor James Woods, linguist Noam Chomsky, and Bose (MIT students get a discount on Bose speakers IIRC).

ScottyB

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2002
We had an Anita Finger. Her picture is up on the wall for the class of 1960-something. Also one of the Detroit Lions went to our highschool. I don't know if he is still playing though.

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
If someone here on Anandtech went to school with Rosanne would they post it here or keep quiet about it ?

isasir

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
Originally posted by: gleong
Christy Turlington (high school). Her parents live next door to one of my friends.

Well I guess I can claim Christy for college (NYU), amongst a bunch of other people.

Dunno anyone for my HS tho'.

TuffGirl

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2001
Originally posted by: brunswickite
James Gandolfini, Calista Flockhart
...and Kristin Davis of Sex and the City/Melrose Place, Avery Brooks from Star Trek (he spoke at my commencement):)

MithShrike

Diamond Member
May 5, 2002
Originally posted by: Dead Parrot Sketch
If someone here on Anandtech went to school with Rosanne would they post it here or keep quiet about it ?

LMAO!

Anyways, the Yellow Ranger went to one of my elementary schools, that is Hazelton Elementary School in Stockton, CA. Now, this is the Yellow Ranger from the second or third season... she was black and it was the chick who they got from Africa when they went back in time? Anyways, I just remember meeting her the last day of fifth grade. I'm not too up on the Power Rangers lore.

bunker

Lifer
Apr 23, 2001
All I can think of are athletes.

Steve Mariucci, former coach of the SF 49ers and current coach of Det. Lions.
Dallas Drake, right wing for the St. Louis Blues
Tom Izzo, head coach of Michigan State basketball

All graduated from Northern Michigan University.

Couldn't tell ya about anyone from high school.

QueHuong

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2001
This one guy went to my high school, so did this one other girl...umm...forgot their names.

Come to think of it, they're not too famous.

Babbles

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2001
Kalpana Chawla - one of the astronauts who perished on Shuttle Columbia

Lou Diamond Phillips

Eddie McGee - won that stupid ass CBS reality show "Big Brother"