Most beautiful college campus visited?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DaWhim

Lifer
Feb 3, 2003
Originally posted by: TekDemon
linko!

I hate U of Rochester! I went there to visit my friend once. as you know, most people will go straight to the hospital once got to U of R. my buddy needed to drop me off real quick and I ended up walking from the hospital to undergrad for 20-30mins. it was dec 20th. you know how cold it was. :|

Vilica

Jul 27, 2002
I guess my college is popular amongst the "its beautiful" crowd, but really I don't see much. Sure Old Campus looks nice, with the Sunken Gardens and all, but New Campus is not so much. I don't mind it though.

Dudd

Platinum Member
Aug 3, 2001
ND's got a pretty good campus. Everyone knows about the dome and the football stadium, but the rest of the campus is pretty nice. The foot of snow on the ground kind of takes away from it, though.

Hector13

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2000
Originally posted by: CanOWorms
Originally posted by: ed21x
Stanford, Boston University, Columbia

Please tell me you're joking... BU probably owns a total of ten square feet of grass. Maybe you're talking about Boston College...

that is what I was thinking too... and columbia isn't much better (though I agree it is a very nice campus, it is like what 10 city blocks total?).

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Best - Oklahoma State
Worst - Texas A&M (I love everything about A&M besides their campus is ugly)

YayYay

Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by: Hector13
what about places like UCSB, UCSD, and Uinversity of Hawaii?

UCSD has got to be one of the ugliest colleges I have seen.

Ameesh

Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Originally posted by: YayYay

you havent been to USC or UCLA or SDSU, or MIT, or Carniege Mellon or Berkely or tons of other schools have you? Talk about ugly campuses

luvya

Banned
Nov 19, 2001
I always thought UCLA has the best campus, but now I've visited UW..I think I will change the vote to UW :)

I second Pepperdine University. My personal favorite. The ocean view is breathtaking! I can sit there and watch the ocean all day.

UCSD the ugliest? Mmm...you are smoking something, aren't u? ;)

UVA is beautiful, but the school is spread out.

UCR....why bother?

USC? Bleh...

Sid59

Lifer
Sep 2, 2002
UCSB is nice only because of it's proximity to the beach. the architecture of buildings and eveyrthing together don't make it a good looking campus.

ed21x

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Ameesh

you havent been to USC or UCLA or SDSU, or MIT, or Carniege Mellon or Berkely or tons of other schools have you? Talk about ugly campuses

UCL, USC, and Berkeley all have fairly nice campuses, but the surrounding area is so ghetto that it really takes away from the University. MIT and SD are basically the exact opposite. If it were up to me, the city dictates student life alot more than the campus, and I would definitely pick the latter.

Hubris

Platinum Member
Jul 14, 2001
I like Cornell, where I am, but as someone said, the campus is too crowded together. And the slope you have to walk up from West Campus to the academic buildings SUCKS, especially in the snow. If the campus wasn't built on the top of a hill and could actually spread out some, it would be much nicer, but they've squeezed everything into a fairly small place. But the architecture is very nice.

YayYay

Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by: Ameesh

I can't speak for MIT or CMU but I've been to the rest you mentioned. UCSD is in the nicest area but as far as buildings go, the school looks like a spread of random buildings. Some parts of the school look like government buildings (Muir), some parts look like corporate builings (Jacobs) and some areas look like ski lodges. Maybe I am just biased since I go to ucsd, but im not the only one that thinks ucsd is an ugly campus. I actually like the way UCB and UCLA was built and don' t think they are ugly at all.

Analog

Lifer
Jan 7, 2002
Originally posted by: coldcut
What is the most beautiful college campus visited? The ugliest?

Cornell - I loved my time in Ithaca.

Worst? Maybe Yale?