Most addictive game you have ever played...

monk3y

Lifer
Jun 12, 2001
Just wondering what game you've been hooked on the longest? Recently I've been hooked on Warcraft III but the most addictive game I've ever played was Half-Life's Counterstrike.

dquan97

Lifer
Jul 9, 2002
Any Final Fantasy game. FF7 alone "made" me spend more time playing than sleeping and going to class combined.

palad

Golden Member
Jul 18, 2000
The original Metroid on the Nintendo Entertainment System. Got hooked so badly I was dreaming about it at night.

mdennison

Golden Member
Jun 6, 2001
Asherons call

I started playing last June and have not played another game since(cept for gta vice city) hehe

Entity

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: damiano
CS...
by the way...what happened with the AT CS server?
I started running XP on the box, which prevented me from keeping it up all the time. People stopped playing on it almost entirely (down to ~10hits/day), so I decided I'm going to setup a game scheduling system, and hopefully eventually get back on RH8 on this box so I can run it. :p

Rob

BuMMiE

Aug 21, 2002
Final Fantasy 3 on the SNES. Sure I was only about 12 or so when I first started playing it, but it is still my favorite RPG of all time.

nord1899

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
Never played EverCrack, but two friends swear by it so I would say that game.

Of the ones I've played, probably CS, maybe with Diablo 1 and 2 close behind.

macwinlin

Apr 11, 2002
There was this Columns-like shareware game on the Mac that I played so much. And there's Tetris.

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001
I played this game called Gemstone 3 on AOL back in the day. It was a game like Everquest, only text-based. I was only 14 or 15 at the time, and would stay up till like 3 am playing it, then thinking about it before sleeping, and sometimes waking up early to play (since less players would be on and I could hunt and gain more exp), and sometimes I would dream about it. What a loser I was (like I'm not anymore).

That lasted a few months and then I quit cold turkey. It kinda helped that they started charging $10 a month to play it.

...but no more MMORPG's for me.