News Mosque shooting in Christchurch, New Zealand - At least 49 dead

Page 40 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
It's ultimately about perceived racism and understanding the underlying parts to racism. It's relevant here as clearly racism played a role in the shooting.

Yeh, try not to mistake perception for reality. White Nationalism & White Supremacy always come down to intimidation & violence because it's the only way they can get what they want. And they're organizing on an international scale thanks to the wonders of the internet & social media, with politicians in this country & others urging them on with the usual hints & coy references.

Those politicians must be denounced, beginning with our own President. Anything else is complicity.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Yeh, try not to mistake perception for reality. White Nationalism & White Supremacy always come down to intimidation & violence because it's the only way they can get what they want. And they're organizing on an international scale thanks to the wonders of the internet & social media, with politicians in this country & others urging them on with the usual hints & coy references.

Those politicians must be denounced, beginning with our own President. Anything else is complicity.

Is calling him racist and saying we need to remove him denouncing enough?

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Pray tell, what does your post do to further the topic of the thread?

If you want to talk to me about something other than the thread topic, PM me, lest we derail the thread.

Talking about you derailing the thread is the real derailing of the thread I said as I shrunk into a corn cob.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Missed that, you're right, although it goes along with your overall theme of quibbling and going on tangents that really have nothing to do with the conversation... like bringing up children or people with autism. It's exhausting watching you constantly derail threads.

Actually that link was interesting, as I was expecting the pseudo-etymology to be something to do with the racist term pickaninny. In fact it was even less plausible.

It's still a side-excursion that leaves me wondering what Realibrad's motivation is in constantly going off on these tangents. As if those sorts of unforunate kerfuffles are at the centre of the politics of race and racism. Rather than, say, massacres.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
If it's black and they shit their pants when they see it.

NZ previously codified what this means, though it sounds like their list will have some additions. They're still writing the legislation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military-style_semi-automatic

Thus far this seems like a pretty uncontroversial move over there but they don't have the near religion built up around firearms that we do. Also notable that it's laxer than the Aussie ban on all semi-auto firearms.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Talking about you derailing the thread is the real derailing of the thread I said as I shrunk into a corn cob.

I don't really see a major derail here. When you are looking at a thread with near a thousand posts it is going to wander some and go off on a few tangents. The tangents we have gone off on are directly related to the main topic. If we had been talking about our favorite episodes of Star Trek I would agree with you, but what we have been discussion is a part of this conversation.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I don't really see a major derail here. When you are looking at a thread with near a thousand posts it is going to wander some and go off on a few tangents. The tangents we have gone off on are directly related to the main topic. If we had been talking about our favorite episodes of Star Trek I would agree with you, but what we have been discussion is a part of this conversation.

I know this post is not for me, but, thank you for pushing back.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000

i didnt have a problem with the derail. I said "why" brad the cspam mod derailed the thread. He then responded to that one post saying I was the true derailer and then I responded with the post you quoted.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
nobody pushed back you slowpoke.

Again, if you want to have a personal discussion, PM me. If the concern is about thread derailment by me, then PM me so we don't derail the thread. You have the option to resolve the issue you seem to care about, so take it or stop complaining about something that has a solution.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
I don’t care that you debate random little things to draw away from the reality that white man is violent and white nationalists are as bad as isis. I am just stating the reasons why you do it - you are a white nationalist.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I don’t care that you debate random little things to draw away from the reality that white man is violent and white nationalists are as bad as isis. I am just stating the reasons why you do it - you are a white nationalist.

How about this, show me a post where I have said anything Pro white nationalist, and or supported white nationalism, and or supported racism, and Ill leave the forum for 2 weeks.

Pick a 3rd party person on here that will be the neutral party to decide the validity of your claim.

I'm thinking someone like Spy. Put your money where your mouth is, or stop derailing the thread. You can PM me, or try to show what I have done.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
How about this, show me a post where I have said anything Pro white nationalist, and or supported white nationalism, and or supported racism, and Ill leave the forum for 2 weeks.

Pick a 3rd party person on here that will be the neutral party to decide the validity of your claim.

I'm thinking someone like Spy. Put your money where your mouth is, or stop derailing the thread. You can PM me, or try to show what I have done.

Lol at calling someone else out for derailing your derailment.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

That's not reasonable at all. A very small % of white people are violent & believe in white nationalism. As a white person, I denounce it. I don't see Quibbles as a white nationalist, either.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
How do they classify something as an "assault rifle?"
Do you have it because you want a toy? Then we're going to take it away.

Get another hobby.

If you say it's for defense, then you're doing more to put yourself in danger by owning it. Congratulations. You played yourself.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Do you have it because you want a toy? Then we're going to take it away.

Get another hobby.

If you say it's for defense, then you're doing more to put yourself in danger by owning it. Congratulations. You played yourself.

The scientific fact that any gun you own is far more likely to be used on you or your family than on an intruder is completely lost on gun nuts. Or maybe they don't care, which is super crazy.