Mosfet location, anyone got a clue?

safe123

May 24, 2006
Hi,

Newbie here, bought a Asus P5P800 SE with a D805. Gonna put some heatsinks on the mosfets, to help keep them cool. I saw a website, way back, that showed the location of the mosfets, but sods law, i cant find that web site now, been searching for days!

Anyways, any one got a link or a pic that shows the location of the mosfets on the Asus P5P800 SE?

Many thanks!

:)

safe123

May 24, 2006
ok, another quick question, i have some zalman memory heatsinks, with adhesive backing, and they fit the mosfets, should they be ok to install? they wont damage the mosfets will they?

Also, does the southbridge chip need a heatsink? i will be replacing the northbridge with a zalman and a small fan aswell, plus some AS5.

Navid

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2004
Those devices shown in that picture, as you can see, are directly soldered on the board. The board acts as a heat sink for them! They transfer their heat to the motherboard. Your objective should be to cool the motherboard. Placing a heat sink on the plastic side of those devices will actually block the board against air movement. That may have the opposite effect.

I would just make sure that there is enough air circulation around the motherboard in that area.