Morgan Freeman joins the list

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
I for one don't really care. Dude is still a great actor with a great voice. Lots of people on reddit are getting bent out of shape, but this is just another example that you shouldn't worship celebrities. Learn to separate them from their work and they're just like the guy next door who you really don't care about.

Reactions: Zorba and tweaker2
Nov 25, 2013
#fuckinmen

LOL He said things that made women uncomforable.

Jackass

"In one incident, she said, Freeman "kept trying to lift up my skirt and asking if I was wearing underwear." He never successfully lifted her skirt, she said -- he would touch it and try to lift it, she would move away, and then he'd try again. Eventually, she said, "Alan [Arkin] made a comment telling him to stop. Morgan got freaked out and didn't know what to say."

Reactions: Kobota and ch33zw1z

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Another case of what those with fame, power and influence could get away with some time ago is now whiplashing back around with a vengeance on them.

I wonder just how many other men who have exploited women due to their celebrity and/or stature are now seeking legal advice for their past indiscretions.

To be fair though, let us also not forget how some women sought to exploit men of power and influence with their allure and their sensuality.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Jackass

"In one incident, she said, Freeman "kept trying to lift up my skirt and asking if I was wearing underwear." He never successfully lifted her skirt, she said -- he would touch it and try to lift it, she would move away, and then he'd try again. Eventually, she said, "Alan [Arkin] made a comment telling him to stop. Morgan got freaked out and didn't know what to say."

Wow.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
And if that was your wife? Your daughter? Your mother? Your sister? Your friend? Same reaction?

No, because if that was done to my wife he would probably have a sudden nose bleed. If you feel your job is worth the harrassment then its on you.

I think much of this is overblown and piling on due to #metoo.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Jackass

23v7zx.jpg

Reactions: Cerpin Taxt

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
As disappointed as I am, it does sound like Freeman belongs in the Ansari group of creeps, rather than the Cosby/Weinstein group.

What a shame, I thought that guy was classy.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Vancouver transit pulled their ad with Freeman voice. Wonder when Visa will drop him.

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008
Et tu, Morgan?

Only question I have is why wasn't this reported earlier? I have no problem with calling celebrities out on their bad behavior (hell, even moreso if you're in the public eye your shit should be squeaky clean) but its the years after the fact thing that gets me.

Feb 16, 2005
As disappointed as I am, it does sound like Freeman belongs in the Ansari group of creeps, rather than the Cosby/Weinstein group.

What a shame, I thought that guy was classy.
I grew up idolizing cosby's standup, had at least 3 of his records, listened to them over and over and over, literally laughing so hard it hurt. If you asked me 40 years ago, do I think bill cosby is a sexual predator, first I'd have to ask you what that meant, then vehemently disagree. But the dude is rotten, barely 1 step above child molestation kind of rotten. It sucks having your childhood heroes truly turn out to be villains.

Nashemon

Jun 14, 2012
Et tu, Morgan?

Only question I have is why wasn't this reported earlier?
Well, I think in the moment, like most of these incidents, they were too star struck to say anything at the time. Uncomfortable, but not quite crossing the line enough to call it out, ruin careers over, including potentially their own.

From the article: "But each of them said they didn't report Freeman's behavior, with most saying it was because they feared for their jobs. Instead, some of the women -- both on movie sets and at Revelations -- said, they came up with ways to combat the alleged harassment on their own, such as by changing the way they dressed when they knew he would be around."

The CNN lady on the right in the video had some things said to her during an interview that she found inappropriate, so she's been sleuthing about for a month reaching out to other women Morgan has been around to see if anyone else has had similar experiences with him. 16 people talked to her about things they've witnessed, several of them witnessing and recounting the same story. 8 of them had first hand accounts, and only two of them wanted to be named. So, I mean, so far at least from this initial article, it doesn't seem most of it was actually criminal, and the one that could be (the skirt) he was called out for it in person, so it wasn't reported to anyone.

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008
Well, I think in the moment, like most of these incidents, they were too star struck to say anything at the time. Uncomfortable, but not quite crossing the line enough to call it out, ruin careers over, including potentially their own.

From the article: "But each of them said they didn't report Freeman's behavior, with most saying it was because they feared for their jobs. Instead, some of the women -- both on movie sets and at Revelations -- said, they came up with ways to combat the alleged harassment on their own, such as by changing the way they dressed when they knew he would be around."

The CNN lady on the right in the video had some things said to her during an interview that she found inappropriate, so she's been sleuthing about for a month reaching out to other women Morgan has been around to see if anyone else has had similar experiences with him. 16 people talked to her about things they've witnessed, several of them witnessing and recounting the same story. 8 of them had first hand accounts, and only two of them wanted to be named. So, I mean, so far at least from this initial article, it doesn't seem most of it was actually criminal, and the one that could be (the skirt) he was called out for it in person, so it wasn't reported to anyone.
I agree with your post. I mainly meant recently, since its been a trend to come forward. (When its an honest wrongdoing I'm all for it).

But just wondered why now, instead of months ago with this.

As disappointed as I am, it does sound like Freeman belongs in the Ansari group of creeps
Ansari doesn't belong in any group of 'blacklisted'. That whole stupid report about him was noones' business. He didn't harass anyone on the job, nor anything to do with him abusing a position of power. It may have been a bad date but that whole stupid chapter was floated by people not bright enough to know the difference between exposing celebrity abuse of power, and just going after a guy because he's a celebrity.

That's the kind of shit that will end up turning an otherwise good cause into "oh here we go with another witch hunt".

In these accusations apparently Freeman was harassing women on the job, exercising his position of power over them. Ansari did no such thing.

Reactions: woolfe9998
Nov 25, 2013
That’s a shame. From the stories it just sounds like a guy being flirty.

This is *not* "being flirty":

Reactions: MajinCry and pmv