moreweb web hosting?

tedkelly

Oct 17, 2003
Last August or so, moreweb.com had that web hosting deal ("50% off") that seemed pretty good at the time. eicomm.net an affiliate, or something, was and apparently still is Anandtech's host - thread on that . And there's mention there of localsupport.us, another affiliate.

The original thread seems gone, and there's barely a mention of them in these forums. The eicomm and moreweb websites don't seem to have been updated in a while and nobody is home at their support.

Anyone know what happened / is going on?

Soccer55

Golden Member
Jul 9, 2000
I got in on the 50% off AT deal and my site is still up and running. I even got an e-mail from support the other day because I had to change the expiration date on my credit card in order for them to renew my domain for another year. So as far as I know, moreweb is alive and well.

-Tom

TankGuys

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2005
I submitted an account cancellation request a month ago - haven't heard anything. Not a good thing :(

tedkelly

Oct 17, 2003
Thanks for the info and the link. I missed that other thread.

Hey, they're still sending out bills, it seems.

dwelve

Aug 2, 2005
My next renewal period is on August 2nd (I registered during last year's Anandtech 50% deal). They charged me on July 11th. Can they even do that? I was thinking about jumping ship with a new host, maybe -- for people who have used moreweb and other comparable web hosts, which would you recommend? (And would I be able to successfully remove the charge to my account?)

Thanks in advance.

CloudWeb

AnandTech Host
May 11, 2005
www.cloudweb.com
Hello everyone, and sorry about the delay in posting to this thread. We don't really check these forums unless we have an active promotion going on. I'm not sure what to say other than we've been here, serving our customers, and growing for the past 9 years. localsupport was a company we purchased last year, and eicomm is the parent company. I find it odd to hear that there have been unanswered support inquiries as we're very good about answering them within a timely fashion. The only thing I can think of is they were never recieved in the helpdesk's system.

If there are still outstanding problems with any accounts please feel free to PM me and I will assist further. Thank you.

dwelve

Aug 2, 2005
Yeah -- I can confirm that moreweb responds to inquiries really fast as I sent a question around midnight and had a resolution by morning :) I've begun some reading on companies overselling their services by offering vastly more resources than they currently have; I think I'll stick to moreweb since they seem to be above the norm for hosting, but aren't over the top with promises of unlimited resources. I just wonder what they'll do to compete with crazy companies that keep upping their resources every month.

CloudWeb

AnandTech Host
May 11, 2005
www.cloudweb.com
Yeah, we are definitely above the norm as far as overselling. Most of our competitor's will load ~600 customers per server of the same specs, where we will only load ~300. This is competitor's who have similar, or higher quota's than we offer.

We haven't raised out quota's in about a year and a half as that's what we found worked good for us. Most anyone needing more than the quota's we offer are using a lot of other system resources as well and that is not something we like to see as it compromises the other users on the server. We also do not throttle very much either giving more resources to our customers for burst situations.

In any case, I'm sure we'll raise our limits again at some point but we're not in the business to compete with the cheapest, highest quota companies. You get what you pay for with us.