more xmen2 possiblities

Trezza

Sep 18, 2002
Edited: Xman2 = Xmen 2

I just saw xmen2 for the second time and i think i picked up on some new things...

btw if you can't guess spoilers, you have been warned...but who really hasn't seen it yet

1. Towards the end of the movie when prof X is concentrating on the humans it (thus hurting them) it shows the white house. One of the secret security guards is on the floor in the fetal and the president is in his chair... not really grimacing or anything... I dont know if i am reading into it too much or whatever but do you think he's a mutant that was recovering from the first blast against mutants. HMMM or no?

2. On the list in the movie (strykers computer screen) there is a list of mutant's real names anyone got a screen pic of this or the next one because i would like to see that because its hard to read them all. On the other computer with cerebro it list Franklin Richards...this really pissed me off because Franklin is the son of big surprise Reed and Sue Richards but if this doesn't happen till towards the end of the FF series. Thats just not in sync what so ever with the current story line which is the obviously the early exploits of the XMen.

feel free to add some other things you want.

LordJezo

Banned
May 16, 2001
1)I think it was just bad acting and scripting

2)Dunno.. just know omega red was mentoned and so was gambit

TonyB

May 31, 2001
another thing is magneto, can he fly or not? when he escaped from the plastic prison, he used a iron plate to float across yet when he was in cerebro 2, he floated up in the air and started rearranged the plates. so whats the deal with him flying

no0b

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2001
It was probaly because in cerebro he was surrounded by metal unlike in the prison.

Its awesome that Gene turned into the pheonix.

I wonder if the next one will have the meteor.

guyver01

Lifer
Sep 25, 2000
Magneto doesn't fly... he repels himself from metal around him. In the plastic prison, there was no metal anywhere... so nothing for him to repel against... so the metal disc was cool.

bolido2000

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2001
Most people I've talked to also think that the president wasn't being affected by Prof X concentrating on humans. I think he is also a mutant in denial.

GoingUp

Lifer
Jul 31, 2002
Originally posted by: bolido2000
Most people I've talked to also think that the president wasn't being affected by Prof X concentrating on humans. I think he is also a mutant in denial.

no0b

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2001
WTF I read Ebert's review of it and he said the president looked like Bush. He didn't look a think like Bush. I think Ebert is high while reviewing these movies.

no0b

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2001
It didn't look like the President was in alot of pain if any. It mainly looked like he was streching and relaxing back in his chair. Maybe he is just a latent mutant with no real powers.

bolido2000

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2001
I haven't read the comics but in X1 Storm tell the kids about how Christians were prosecuted in the Roman Empire. Then she asks what event caused Chrisitianity to be the main religion of the empire. She said the acceptance was because the emperor became Chrisitian. If the president is mutant then.......

Trezza

Sep 18, 2002
Originally posted by: bolido2000
I haven't read the comics but in X1 Storm tell the kids about how Christians were prosecuted in the Roman Empire. Then she asks what event caused Chrisitianity to be the main religion of the empire. She said the acceptance was because the emperor became Chrisitian. If the president is mutant then.......

then sentinals and the phoenix should be in the next movie.... err wait that doesn't follow the logic.

Trezza

Sep 18, 2002
prolly in the list previously mentioned...Multiple man, gambit and others listed.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: no0b
WTF I read Ebert's review of it and he said the president looked like Bush. He didn't look a think like Bush. I think Ebert is high while reviewing these movies.

No, it's just Ebert. Ebert is a fat dumbass who doesn't know sh|t about movies.

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
Franklin is the son of big surprise Reed and Sue Richards but if this doesn't happen till towards the end of the FF series.
Dude, Franklin has been around since the 70's. Heck, it might even be the late 60's.

Trezza

Sep 18, 2002
Originally posted by: Muadib
Franklin is the son of big surprise Reed and Sue Richards but if this doesn't happen till towards the end of the FF series.
Dude, Franklin has been around since the 70's. Heck, it might even be the late 60's.

what?!? i never ever saw him... though i can't say i followed FF that much i only read FF towards the end of my comic book days around 1993-95ish he was around as a crazy powerful 13-15 year old. This is when the fantastic four became the fantasic three then two and the same time as spider clone saga.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
How bout when Rogue is sucked out of the plane? Nightcrawler teleports out to grab her and then teleports back in...so I guess she can't fly yet. When does she learn how to fly (in the cartoon she was usually hovering...)

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
How bout when Rogue is sucked out of the plane? Nightcrawler teleports out to grab her and then teleports back in...so I guess she can't fly yet. When does she learn how to fly (in the cartoon she was usually hovering...)

EDIT: Google'd around and found out she got those powers from Ms. Marvel BEFORE joining the X-Men...so I guess the movie story arc will evolve differently...

Apr 5, 2000
Originally posted by: uncJIGGA

EDIT: Google'd around and found out she got those powers from Ms. Marvel BEFORE joining the X-Men...so I guess the movie story arc will evolve differently...

She is just a student - she's still learning to harness all of her powers.

Dood did you see the chick playing Jubilee? Hawwwwwtness!!!!!!!

kaymin

Jul 21, 2001
She 'learns' to fly when she permanently absorbs marvel girl's powers, which also gives her super human strength.

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
huh, I totally missed Omega Red, apparently...

As for Jubilee......hehe, yeah, but dammit, she's too young for me. At least she's asian (anybody know exactly what race?), that's cool.