More Voters Want Democrats to Control Congress, New Poll Shows

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Support grows among women, suburbanites for change in direction from Trump ahead of midterm election

New WSJ article: https://www.wsj.com/articles/more-v...to-control-congress-new-poll-shows-1537707600

The Democratic Party’s political advantage has grown in the home stretch of the midterm campaign, powered by strong support among women and a majority looking for a change from President Trump’s course, a new Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll has found.

Less than two months before Election Day, 52% of registered voters said they would prefer Democrats to control Congress, while 40% preferred Republican control. That 12-point lead expanded from an 8-point Democratic edge in August.......

As we all know polls don't really mean shit but trends especially those by women and independents certainly don't look good for those willing to tie their kite to Trump...

In Michigan several well known Republican Lawmakers have thrown in their support in the State's Governor's race for the Democrat and not Bill Schuette they very unpopular Trump ass kisser...

‘Republicans for Whitmer’ group opposes Schuette

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/n...ublicans-whitmer-opposes-schuette/1366717002/

A group of former Republican lawmakers, administration officials and business leaders on Thursday said they’ll work to help elect Michigan Democratic gubernatorial candidate Gretchen Whitmer over GOP nominee Bill Schuette.

“Republicans and Independents for Whitmer” will be led by former U.S. Rep. Joe Schwarz, former Engler and Snyder administration health director Jim Haveman, former Engler transition director Richard McLellan and Milliken administration treasurer Vivian Carpenter.

“We all kind of felt the Republican Party has left us and began looking at issues of health care, higher education, working with the Legislature, who can continue to move Michigan forward and who’s showing tolerance toward people who are different,” Haveman told The Detroit News. “It just became clear we should support Gretchen Whitmer.”

Is it too late for those who got who have always toed the GOP Party Line and who have gotten Trump's A OK endorsements to publicly denounce it before it's too late for them in the mid-terms...

Tick Tock Tick Tock...

Feb 4, 2009
Pretty normal, generally speaking Americans like a functional but split Government. One party controls the White House the other party controls House and/or Senate.

Jan 25, 2011
Generic ballot favours dems. Actual local elections, however, do not. Seems the prevailing attitude is people should vote democratic, just not in my district cause my gop guy is ok. .

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Generic ballot favours dems. Actual local elections, however, do not. Seems the prevailing attitude is people should vote democratic, just not in my district cause my gop guy is ok. .

Mind you, of all the midterm elections in recent memory, this could be the one that truly rallies the left to get out and vote... and we know that Republicans regularly count on apathy to win elections. It's mainly a question of whether or not there are enough motivated people in the right areas.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Mind you, of all the midterm elections in recent memory, this could be the one that truly rallies the left to get out and vote... and we know that Republicans regularly count on apathy to win elections. It's mainly a question of whether or not there are enough motivated people in the right areas.
Possible, but doubtful. The facts are, Dems talk a good game but don't bother to vote, Repubs on the other hand vote like their lives depend on it. It's a shame because we'd be in a far different place in history right now if all eligible people voted.

Reactions: TheVrolok

dasherHampton

Platinum Member
Jan 19, 2018
Doesn't surprise me.

I'm a centrist, slightly left on social issues and slightly right on economic ones. Democrats know what Americans want and are doubling down on what they're promising: plentiful, well paying jobs, free healthcare, student loan debt forgiveness, amnesty for almost all etc.

You should hear what the democratic candidate for governor in Illinois is running on. He's envisioning a utopia.
I don't like his opponent but for the life of me I don't know how in the world what he's guaranteeing is going to work in this bankrupt state.

Josephus312

Aug 10, 2018
Doesn't surprise me.

I'm a centrist, slightly left on social issues and slightly right on economic ones. Democrats know what Americans want and are doubling down on what they're promising: plentiful, well paying jobs, free healthcare, student loan debt forgiveness, amnesty for almost all etc.

You should hear what the democratic candidate for governor in Illinois is running on. He's envisioning a utopia.
I don't like his opponent but for the life of me I don't know how in the world what he's guaranteeing is going to work in this bankrupt state.

They watched what Trump did and that worked. He literally promised free healthcare to everyone without ANY cost to anyone, ever. He also promised a glorious wall paid for by Mexico.

If you can just make shit up and never even try to implement it and people will buy that shit, why wouldn't you?

They are counting on one truth and it IS a truth: Americans are fucking stupid.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Doesn't surprise me.

What policies is Pritzker running on that you believe means he is envisioning a utopia?

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
For starters he's promising plentiful well-paying jobs, universal healthcare, and lower taxes.
And he has no policy proposals to attempt to make that happen? He's just saying that once elected governor, he'll, uh, make Illinois great again?

It's hard to believe that someone running for governor of such a large state would have no policy proposals whatsoever.

Weird.

dasherHampton

Platinum Member
Jan 19, 2018
He's actually walked back some of his thoughts.

For instance: he had the idea to charge drivers by the mile to fund construction jobs throughout the state. Now that his opponent has called him on it he dismissed that he ever considered the policy even though proof exists that he did.

I, for one, think its not a bad idea as long as it's implemented properly and poor people don't get overburdened. But don't tout the idea and then deny it when it becomes politicly inconvenient.

Last edited:

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
I thought it was pretty much a given that the dems would take the house at this point?

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I thought it was pretty much a given that the dems would take the house at this point?

Well, their polls seem to indicate that. Snicker...snicker. I said it during 2016 and I'll say it again. They'e in for another surprise.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Gee, give Republicans full control and everyone is surprised by the results? Choke on Republican rule and die, America.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Can you explain to me what you mean by gaslighting in this context?
I think he meant to put a period: "You would think not but (they are) libtards"
And then, I think he is telling compuwiz to keep the propaganda spreaders on high with his: keep gaslighting."

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I suspect that the voter roll clearing by the Republicans in in full gear. Don't be shocked about all kinds of people showing up to vote, and then finding out they are no longer registered. I have little confidence that the blue wave will "be allowed" to happen.