More Toyota JDM goodness. Why don't we get these RWD imports???

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
Originally posted by: NFS4
Originally posted by: RagingBITCH
Boring. I can't see how you rag on the Acura RL and then say "OMG THE CROWN IS THE SHIZZLE MY BIYOTCHES".

(1) The RL looks like a f*&ked up Accord
(2) The RL is a FWD biased AWD cruiser
(3) This is true RWD with a kickass interior

I'm sorry, but this car looks 5x better than an RL. Hell, even the old RL looks more like luxury than the new one.

And this looks like a fvcked up Camry with a Maxima-ish grille. And the RL's interior is still 10x better looking than that Lexus. Oh sorry, "Toyota".

Oh, I'm sorry. Acura, err, I mean Honda can't even come up with a decent RWD platform for their large sedans so they rape their family car chassis for all it's worth and they can't even bring out a brawny V8 so they resort to hopping their V6's up on steroids to compete ;)

We can do this all day :D

Odyssey > Sienna!

;)

Tacoma
Tundra
Sequoia
4-Runner
Land (B)ruiser
LS430
SC430

Oh, that's right, Honda doesn't have anything to compete with those ;)

Tacoma/Tundra - Honda doesn't care much for trucks
Sequoia/4Runner - niche, expensive vehicles which are raped in sales by it's competitors :p
Land Bruiser - ugly, hulking piece of sh!t on wheels only 90 year old asians drive
LS430/SC430 - The SC430 is cool, I'll give you that. I don't care so much about the LS.

Enjoy your boring, bland ass Toyotas :p

Crappopotamus

Golden Member
Oct 1, 2002
all european car makers have distinctive and attractive front grills. the japs have THE TOOTH OF DEATH. :|

EarthwormJim

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2003
Looks alot like an LS430, or maybe a GS430 with just a different exterior. You sure this is a brand new car design?

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: EarthwormJim
Looks alot like an LS430, or maybe a GS430 with just a different exterior. You sure this is a brand new car design?

Yeah, it's a brand new car

Crappopotamus

Golden Member
Oct 1, 2002
Originally posted by: Crappopotamus
all european car makers have distinctive and attractive front grills. the japs have THE TOOTH OF DEATH. :|

What about this?

http://www.germancarfans.com/n...1/lang/eng/audi/1.html

that makes me sad. i have an old a6 avant.... :( i dunno. the old one is so classy! the new one is kinda weird, but it could grow on me. the tooth is just bad though - not only is it ugly, it looks cheap.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
where does this fit in with all their various car designs?

i mean, how many different cars can you sell? compete yourself out of the market?

is this the next LS?

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: ElFenix
where does this fit in with all their various car designs?

i mean, how many different cars can you sell? compete yourself out of the market?

is this the next LS?

Do you know how many cars and lines Toyota has in Japan? You think their range is broad here in the US, you should see their car lineup in Japan. It's like 3x as large.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000

Do you know how many cars and lines Toyota has in Japan? You think their range is broad here in the US, you should see their car lineup in Japan. It's like 3x as large.

i was refering to japan. it seems like they have too many cars. worse than GM. here it isn't so bad becuase it seems like they have pretty much one car per market segment... but japan it looks like they have several.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

i was refering to japan. it seems like they have too many cars. worse than GM. here it isn't so bad becuase it seems like they have pretty much one car per market segment... but japan it looks like they have several.

Good lord, look at all of those vehicles :Q

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Boring. I can't see how you rag on the Acura RL and then say "OMG THE CROWN IS THE SHIZZLE MY BIYOTCHES".

(1) The RL looks like a f*&ked up Accord
(2) The RL is a FWD biased AWD cruiser
(3) This is true RWD with a kickass interior

I'm sorry, but this car looks 5x better than an RL. Hell, even the old RL looks more like luxury than the new one.

And this looks like a fvcked up Camry with a Maxima-ish grille. And the RL's interior is still 10x better looking than that Lexus. Oh sorry, "Toyota".

Oh, I'm sorry. Acura, err, I mean Honda can't even come up with a decent RWD platform for their large sedans so they rape their family car chassis for all it's worth and they can't even bring out a brawny V8 so they resort to hopping their V6's up on steroids to compete ;)

We can do this all day :D
Idiot, you don't think they can come up with a decent RWD platform? What the fvck are you smoking?

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999

Good lord, look at all of those vehicles :Q
They can't even display thumbnails for fear of breaking the Internet. :Q

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Howard

Idiot, you don't think they can come up with a decent RWD platform? What the fvck are you smoking?

Of course they can, but they won't b/c they'd rather milk the Accord for all it's worth. Toyota can do it, Nissan can do it...but Honda doesn't seem to want to.

AndrewR

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

The Crown is new? Nope -- been around for awhile from what I've seen.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: AndrewR

The Crown is new? Nope -- been around for awhile from what I've seen.

The Crown name is old, but the version pictured is all new. It was revealed this year.